28.

The pack worked on the deers for around two hours in silence. It was a day for grief and to pay a tribute. Yet, it wasn't all sad.

"Thank you very much for all of this. Let's gather in two hours to start a campfire." Everybody nodded their head, still uneasy about talking and Aurora understood, she would like to stay quiet too, but a leader has to lead the pack somehow and they haven't really mastered any signs. They will talk by the campfire nevertheless, the campfire was the last thing they had to do to pay a tribute and it was the most beautiful thing in the whole death ceremony process - speaking of the memorable, happy memories with the deceased they have. It was more for the bereaved than deceased, but the second wreaths were kept in the owners possessions for the campfire.

Aurora went to her cabin to take a shower. She wasn't sure if the human boys will come, actually the fact that Nathan will be present during the campfire made her strangely nervous. It was her idea but she wasn't sure about it now.

The pack didn't take it well, having a lot of different ideas and explanations why he shouldn't be present, to no avail. Aurora, Josh and Amy were determined to bring him by the fire. Josh promised to stay close to him and take him to the cabin if he got worse, since his state still wasn't stable, but the doubt resonated through her veins. Despite that she knew it was the right thing to do and she wasn't someone who would go back on her words and promises.

She felt a car crossing the territory borders, a car she already heard once.

So Woo really told them and they chose to come.

She wasn't sure if all of them were in the car or not, since she wasn't really sure if all of them could get in the car. She decided to wait for them to arrive nevertheless, it didn't take long.

Aurora went to welcome them in Clarity's territory like many other times before.

"Hi, Aurora. Hope we're not late?" Mingi was the one to get out of the familiar black car, greeting the omega leader.

"Hello, no, you're a bit early, actually." She chuckled, greeting all the other boys that got out of the car after Mingi. All of them came - Hongjoong with his typical oversized black jacket, bright blue haired Yunho, Mingi with his cute eye-smile, Jongho typically wearing leather jacket, Yeosang in light brown sweater which complimented his dark brown hair and Wooyoung, energetic Wooyoung. Aurora liked to see him happy again, the mood between the boys comfortable. They had to make up, which was good.

"Is it okay?" Yeosang asked, his voice quiet, Aurora could hear it clearly just thanks to her enhanced hearing.

"Of course, you didn't know. I'm glad you came, I appreciate it."

Aurora explained what they were going to do, the group of friends listening intently while following her to the place, which was already set up for the fire.

Aurora sat between San and Seonghwa, watching the flames. They were wild, uncontrollable, free. Aurora loves water but thinks fire has its charms.

Nathan was sitting opposite her, she made sure she had a clear view on him in case something happened. The pack was on edge, Nathan's presence tensioned the atmosphere. Even so, Aurora could see that he changed from the last time she saw him and was glad she stuck to the original plan.

The group of friends was sitting on her left, sitting right next to Seonghwa. The pack welcomed them warmly, they knew them after all, even if they weren't close or didn't talk much out of the times the boys came to help with the cabins or just to visit.

"I'm very grateful and happy that we gathered here for the last phase of the death ceremony for my father, for Clarity's founder and the only head alpha we've had." Aurora stood up, San held her hand in order to calm her frantically beating heart. "This is the last part in the ceremony and unlike the other things we did today, this one has a happier vibe to it. I hope you dutifully and responsibly paid your tribute, which we'll finish now by throwing the second wreath in the fire."