The meetings were always so boring, at least before the occurrence of people hunting down wolves.

Wolves? you think. But they are not just any wolves. These are bigger than usual, picking interest in the human kind, who encountered them. Then the hunts started. Packs couldn't go out at all, too worried they would be hunted down or worse, bring the hunters to their pack, which they couldn't cope with if that happened.

Some would call them werewolves, others would call them shifters, monsters, moonkids, full mooners or slaves of the moon. However, this was just a story, a huge misunderstanding, just a fairy tale. These people could shift into their wolf form whenever they wanted to and more specifically, they haven't felt the urge to kill or want for blood, not if they were rightly raised up, which Aurora was.

Aurora is eighteen years old omega, trained by her father, head alpha of their wolf pack, to be the next head alpha wolf in his place. Aurora was trained to be an alpha from the very beginning, no matter what her status was or was meant to be, her father raised her in belief that she can take on his position whenever he stepped down from it. She thought it would take several years, even decades, for her to lead the pack, giving her the time she needed for coming to terms with her fate, but she was not ready for the news she got at this meeting.

"But father, you can't stay here while I lead the pack to a new destination! You have to come with us! I don't even like the idea of leaving here, this is our home, we can fight for it!" Aurora is very stubborn, mainly after her father, and although she was raised against the thought of violence, sometimes her 'alpha' side would show up and growl like that.

"I'm getting older, Aurora, and I don't have enough energy for such a long trip."

"That's why I'm saying we should protect our home, with everything we can, however we can!"

"Aurora, we talked about this! I don't support violence in any form! Calm down, and that's an order!" her father growled back at her. He actually looked like he went through a lot. His hair had a greyish tone, which wasn't there when Aurora was younger. His always smiley eyes became sad and tired, even stressed. Aurora knew it was because of the increasing longing for his mate he lost when she gave birth to her, his daughter. Aurora felt sorry many times, but the alpha never took her apologies, always scolding her for her way of thinking. He treated her with kindness, love and respect, raising her to be a good leader for the pack in the future. He never regretted having her, not even once, and got angry every time she mentioned she was sorry that her mother died while giving birth to her. They would often talk together about her, his mate, her mother, the luna of their pack. She was so kind, protective, loving and caring. She knew every single member of the pack and was always polite and respectful to them. Everyone loved her and when the complications came with the pregnancy and her father didn't want to take the risk, she persuaded him to let her withstand all of it, just for the baby to come to the world and be their pride and joy, their biggest successor.

Everytime Aurora heard that, she would cry for hours, her tears always for her mother, the woman she never met but loved nevertheless. You could call it an unconditional love, not only did the pack celebrate Aurora's birthday, as she was dear to them all, but they also never failed to remember their late luna and pay her respect.

"Yes alpha, I'm sorry."

With the increasing number of people looking for wolves that are much bigger than average, people being the curious and monstrous kind on Earth, it was much more dangerous as the time went by.

Aurora was restless, making plans with her father and his closest wise pack members, their advices always helpful. She hasn't fully acknowledged what was going on, neither she wanted to replace her father in his position, she didn't fully believe in her abilities or potential, however, that didn't mean she wasn't ready to take the responsibilities tied with the status. She was ready by any means, although she didn't like it. This is what her father and her whole pack prepared her for all her life and she wasn't planning on letting anyone down.