16.

San started to get impatient, Aurora was gone for two days now and he didn't like it one bit. They spent the days in the same location, going hunting just once since Aurora disappeared.

Everyone was worried but they intently waited for their leader to come back, knowing that if it was her omega, it could actually take some time. However, that knowledge didn't ease their minds, they didn't know where she went, her scent lingering in the air but nobody dared to follow it.

Seonghwa was more on the passive side, always trying to calm San down when he felt him get worked up. He promised Aurora that he'll look after him after all.

It was raining today, nobody set a foot out of the tent, not wanting to get wet. This meant her scent will no longer linger in the air, the rain will wash it off. And that made San concerned more and more. Now there was no chance of them tracing her if they decide to look for her.

San occupied himself with studying the map he saw Aurora study so many times before, trying to remember everything near the place where they found the cabins. He was also looking for places where Aurora could go.

For the rainy days, they didn't really patrol since no creature likes to go out in the cold wet weather.

Mark and Will were spending some quality time together, snuggled up to one another, both leaving light loving touches on their mate.

Minho and Jisung were mainly together, being interrupted once in a while by May and Amy, who came to check up on Jisung and his leg. Once his leg was healed enough to start rehabilitation, May and Amy were assigned to help him in the process. That was decided even before the pack came here, deciding it one day by fire after a dreadful day full of exhausting climbs.

Other than looking after Jisung, May was scooped in the arms of Jay. San noticed they became closer over the time Jisung was injured. San was sure all of that must have terrified her, the only other omega in the pack, other than its leader, was Jisung and knowing he could die the first few days must have been hard to come to terms with for her. The little omega was so brave, San couldn't help but be proud, even if they weren't close. She was the shy type and he could tell he scared her a bit. However, that didn't stop him from being proud, it was an omega in his pack after all, he belonged in this pack, he has the right to be proud of his pack's members.

Another pair getting really close consisted of Amy and Jem, the two sharing inner understanding and being in comfortable silence every time they were together. Their relationship, whatever the kind, was built on trust, proximity and comfort. They didn't use much words but everyone understood they didn't really need it. They would talk if they wanted to, but they understood each other even without words. It was very cute to watch, San really liked to observe them, feeling happy from the way they treated each other.

He later realized he actually behaved like an alpha of the pack, which didn't sit well with him. Aurora was the leader and he loved it that way.

Seonghwa kind of took upon himself to be a company for Josh, who seemed to be very sad and frustrated. San could only guess it was because he hadn't had any pairing and felt left out, which probably really was the reason.

Seonghwa and Josh bonded faster than Seonghwa or San expected, maybe because of the fact that they were both betas. Josh was actually a very lively and lovely beta, being just a little more shy than other betas. Seonghwa and San both thought that nature would probably do him better if she let him be an omega, because he was also kind of submissive. But not all betas could be as dominant as Seonghwa or as strong as the twins. It all depended on the person, how they grew up, their potential, how they were treated and many more other variables.