13.

"Minho, what is it? Did something happen between you and Roe? You two seem distant since a few days ago." San didn't want to eavesdrop but they were basically sitting next to him.

"She let me go, Jay."

"What?!" The surprise was not only audible, the pack link was full of surprise from Jay as well.

"She said she's finally ready to move on fully. She said she never stopped loving me, but now she's ready to let me go." San felt proud, but jealous. She loved Minho for so long, will she ever love him like that too?

"To be honest, I'm glad she did." Jay smiled happily, Minho looked at him, puzzled.

"You knew?"

"Of course I did. We all did, apart from you, apparently. She thought she moved on, but she kept submitting to you, seeking comfort in you. Her father told me to let her be until she's ready since her omega couldn't just let go of you and it could damage her. So I just looked after her so she didn't cross any lines, but I think she knew the whole time and felt bad about it. Jisung is like a little brother to her and seeing him just staying quiet about her keeping you from him must have broken her heart too. But is there something that changed it?" San saw Minho looking in his direction, but pretended to do his work.

"I think there is something. They'll have to figure it out themselves."

"It's just really fascinating. No matter how much I tried to be the alpha she sought, she always went to you. Amy and I worked on how to help her omega and since she doesn't really have some intimate connection to Mark we figured it would be me, but she came to me just for advice or once or twice with her clingy omega, but never with heat. I started to lose hope she'll ever move on, but I'm glad she finally feels like it's time." San's heart broke at Jay's words. She must have been so broken when Minho left her. How much must she have loved him for her to love him even several years after?

"That's why you two were so calm when she growled at me that one time?"

"We thought she finally stood up to you, she could never do that before, she lit up some hope in us," Jay admitted, his blonde hair reflecting the sun.

After some time Jay got up and went away, leaving San alone with Minho.

"You heard everything, right?" San lifted his head, nodding. "Good. Now, let's have a small talk about our leader, shall we?"

"Okay," San agreed. He got nervous, Minho hadn't really talked to him apart from what is good for Aurora during heat, he didn't know if Minho was still mad about the 'leaving behind' thing.

"The moment she let me go, I was no longer the one who's next after her taking care of the pack, the second in command. I'd guess it will be Jay who'll get that position, but since the whole heat and all, she submitted to you, right? I assume she could give you the position."

"But I'm not long with you." San was perplexed by his words.

"That doesn't matter. You proved yourself to be a good alpha, took care of her and she feels secure with you and that's the point. She can choose whoever she pleases and pack will go with her decision. If she deems you to be qualified for the position, we'll trust her and you." San couldn't believe he really was having this conversation with Minho.

"But the incident with Jisung..."

"Yes, I still doubt you for it, yet you were forgiven when you took good care of Rory. It looks like she needs you and Seonghwa more than me, which is good but a bit concerning. She's smart, she'll figure out if she already didn't and she will avoid you and Seonghwa after her heat. It's not something you should fear, it's just that she'll feel bad that you had to take care of her. Don't be afraid to confront her about it but be careful. She's moody when it comes to after heat conversations." Minho patted his shoulder while standing up, going to the tent and leaving San alone with his thoughts.