Chapter 23

Rushing past the trees and high hills, Karl, you, Angie and Moreau, were all trying to get to House Beneviento first. Donna, Lady Dimitrescu and Big Ugly Bird Lady were begrudgingly following you all behind.

"Do you like y/n?" Big Ugly Bird Lady asked Lady D. "But, of course. They're a marvellous human, my daughters love them so" she happily replied. "Why do you ask, mother?" Said Donna. "No reason, my child. I just wanted to be that you all are happy with them. I don't want anymore petty arguments" she replied, obviously indicating that Karl and Alcina are annoying. Lady D sighed, puffing her cigarette.

"Do you like them?" Donna asked Big Ugly Bird Lady.
"Yes, of course. They're so very.... nice" she spoke, her tone changing slightly.

But finally, a winner was declared, at House Beneviento. It was of course, you. You were always the fastest sprinter at school. Karl knelt down, resting his hands on his knees. Moreau looked absolutely exhausted, as did Angie. You were just barely gasping for breath also.

"Looks like y'all are dead Lycans" you said with a chuckle. "It appears so" Lady Dimitrescu spoke from behind you. "You took your time" speaking to the three ladies who simply walked their way here. "I don't care for little games this" she replied. "I wouldn't be able to catch up with you guys anyway" Donna whispered, under her veil. "Of course you can, don't be left out next time" you reassured Donna. She nodded at you. Mother Miranda soon approached.

You don't know why but you got a bad vibe from her. It like she's.... different?

She smiled at you. You could sense a fake smile when you saw one. You smiled back, turning away to open the door. It creaked slowly, but the scene that befell you was gorgeous.

Tall candlesticks surrounded the large table, whilst the bottles of wine and cutlery lay in front. Small sources of light embodied the room, but dimming it ever so slightly. "This... is amazing" you gawped.

Walking in, the smell of comfort and food took you over. House Beneviento was at it's finest. "Donna, this is stunning, thank you" you told her, holding her hand. "No problem y/n. You've been nothing but kind to me since you got here, and I thought that this was a great way to thank you for it" she removed her veil and smiled at you. You went in for a hug, "still gorgeous as always, Miss Beneviento" you gleamed, rubbing her back. She let out an adorable laugh, Angie toddling over behind her. "I helped as well, y/n! Do I get a hug?" She spoke, looking up at you.

"well, DUH" you replied, lifting her up and smiling widely. She giggled, wiggling around in your arms. Wrapping her small arms around your neck, you squeezed her close to you. Whilst doing so, you accidentally locked eyes with Mother Miranda. She was giving you an intense look, her lips tightened on her face, as if attempting to smile at you. You ignored her and put Angie down, patting her head.

"Alright then everyone, let's feast!" Donna proclaimed. She walked into the kitchen as everyone else took their seats:
Karl sat next to you, Lady Dimitrescu sat in-front, Moreau sat next to Mother Miranda and Lady D whilst Angie pulled up a seat next to an empty one, obviously for Donna.

Moments later, Donna walked in with huge plates full of breathtaking food, in very large portions. She lay them down on the table, "Enjoy!" Was all she said, before everyone dug in. You took some and ate.
"THIS IS DELICIOUS" you blurted out, mouth full of food.
God, you loved food.

"Thanks, I haven't cooked a huge amount of food in ages" she said, drinking some wine.
"Hey, what wine is that?" You asked, pointing to a blood red bottle. "Oh it's called Regina Rosie, it literally translates to 'Red Queen'" Donna replied. "Fascinating" you thought.

A few hours passed and you heard a noise. An incredibly familiar noise. "The conch shell!!" you blurted out, running towards the front door. "Hey! Y/n! Where are you going?!" Karl asked. "My friend is in trouble!" You replied, flying away into the night.

Big Ugly Bird Lady's POV:

Huh. I didn't know they interfered with outsiders. Look how easy it is for them to betray-

Moments later, a crow flew in from the window, straight onto Miranda's shoulder. It squawked in her ear and within minutes, she vanished into thin air.

Back at her lab...
__________
Miranda's POV:

"No... it can't be.." I whispered under my breath. "They are with child?!"
"Oh this is perfect. FORGET y/n,..."
I said, stroking my finger on the damaged photo...

"It's Rosemary Winters that I want."

__________________
OH SHIIIIIII-
thank you for reading!♥️