~Twenty-Four~ •Horrible Luck•

You stood, looking around for any indication of a path. Maybe you could just spend the night there and- A low growl emerged from the bushes not too far away from you. You started to become nervous and tired... Why tired? It hit you, you had been keeping up the mirage in your room this entire time. Relaxing a bit finally feeling an out-of-body 'Muscle' relax as well. But that didn't solve your current problem. Yeah, Sure, you were strong but it didn't mean you weren't afraid of whatever was hiding in the bushes. You started to back up slowly, you went from sneaking away to full-on sprinting away. You could hear it tailing you as you ran.

It was official. You had Horrible Luck. You made sharp turns hoping to lose it in the masses of trees, You didn't want to know what it was. right now you just wanted to go to bed, you were exhausted from the day's activities especially keeping up a Mirage for so long. It tackled you, Getting ready to rip something off you held its jaw back. keeping it away from you, hoping at least someone would Appear and help out. You saw a blue flash pass overhead, along with that you heard some bushes rustling. Out popped Finn and Sydney, with Marco not far behind. Seems he just landed. Marco pulled the beast off of you, causing it to scamper away with its tail between its legs. You stood up, dusting yourself off before walking towards Marco.

"Home. please..." You mumbled, Tired from the odd day. Marco picked you up letting your head rest on his shoulder. You waved goodbye to Sydney and Finn who waved back with warm smiles. you soon fell asleep on Marco's shoulder. Marco smiled to himself, happy knowing you were still doing that. It took a bit longer to get to the ship than Marco had expected it to but you made it back. Pops looked semi-furious while Thatch and Ace tried their best to explain everything. It was obvious you had done something to distract him.

"When the Lass wakes up... We need to talk" Pops voice was commanding, not loud like usual, But quiet and Stern. It was absolutely terrifying for anyone who witnessed it. 

"We can't save her now Thatch..." Ace and Thatch clung to each other

"Go easy on her pops, She has horrible Luck yoi" Marco was sweating in his boots- Sandals.

Marco made his way to your room as fast as he could, not wanting to be in the presence of pops wrath any longer. Sure pops was a father to him and he used to get the same reactions from the man from time to time but He was an adult now and hadn't seen that in a very long time. Marco gently tucked you into your bed, covering you up. He watched you snuggle into your pillow before closing the door and Leaving.

_____

You had woken up a while ao but your body just didn't want to get up. It felt like one of those mornings after training. Based on the murmurs outside your door you'd say you overslept. The door creaked open, whoever opened it groaned they had obviously become impatient with you.

"How can she sleep for so long?!" Ace whisper shouted

"You're one to talk" Thatch's voice sounded almost bored,

"She had one hell of a day yesterday okay? Leave her be, let her be at peace before Pops has his talk with her" Izo swatted at them

You became nervous, what talk? Did pops find out? was he mad? You knew he didn't mind devil fruits seeing as multiple members of his crew had them. You huffed silently to yourself, forcing your eyes open despite your body protests. Grumbling lightly to yourself before fixing your bed half hazardly. You opened your door to see Thatch and Ace still standing there. How long were they going to wait there for?

"Move please" You murmured, lightly pushing them out of your way. You stopped about 5 feet away from them... you looked down, Where the hell were your shoes. This somehow became more alarming than Pop's talk with you. "Where are my shoes?" You asked out loud, to no one in specific.