~Nineteen~ •Heavy weights•

Pops had Put you to work with Moving crates around or just checking them and seeing what needed to be bought on the next Island you were to Dock at. The Itch was there but it was dulled because of the mindless busywork. People noticed your eyebags had gone away slightly but they also noticed you still watched the Sunset and the Sunrise. You had a plan to create a Crew over the course of a couple of months, Misfits, only a couple though. Nothing too big. Otherwise, you were sure Pops would get on you about it though. You wanted to be a captain, Guiding your ship into head-on fights with others, while also having Nakama you can trust. But the downside would be you'd have to leave the crew... who knows if you'd ever see them again if you did that. 

Finishing up placing Crates below deck, you heard light chatter coming from one of the other rooms down there. Being nosy you went up to it and listened...

"I don't care what I have to do to Obtain that fruit, Even If I have to Kill one of these Idiots" ??? Growled

Your face paled, quietly scurrying away from the door, You didn't want to be on the receiving end of that so... Making a new promise to yourself, Never tell anyone on the ship if you acquired a devil fruit. Shaking your nerves away you continued with your Mindless tasks. No matter what you did the thought of someone you cared about dying made your blood boil but also made you extremely sad...

'I won't let any of them Die... Not If I'm there' You vowed to yourself, You didn't care if it would cost you your life. You weren't going to let another family member die because you were too coward to actually help them. Finally getting over yourself you picked up a random crate, looking around at the shocked faces.

"...What?" You looked at the crew confused

"Uhm... Wrong Crate Y/n..." Izo looked simply amused

Looking at the crate you noticed it had Pops weapon of choice in it. Quickly putting it back and grabbing a smaller crate like you hadn't just picked up one of the heaviest objects on the ship. Speed walking back to below deck.

"She's going to be the death of me" Pops grumbled, soon going into a laughing fit once he thought about it...

_____

Word had spread you had picked up Pops Murakumogiri. Marco didn't believe it waving it off as a Silly rumor until pops had told him about it. Pops was 666 cm Or 21'10 ft tall.  There was no way you had picked it up. that thing was taller than pops himself. Marco couldn't even pick it up. He started asking around to see if anyone had noticed if you had used Haki because there was no way. He eventually gave up on his search getting slightly bored of getting the same response. leaning on the railing on the ship, he just watched the horizon.

"I used haki... I noticed it was a bit heavy at first" You said standing slightly behind Marco.

"Thought so yoi" Marco chuckled a bit, Happy his suspicions were correct

"Want to make a game out of it dad-" Slapping a hand over your mouth, the entirety of the people on deck silenced.

Marco burst into a fit of laughter, tears pricking out of the corners of his eyes. Yes, the whole 'dad' thing was new to him but it didn't mean he didn't like it. He thought it was funny how you reacted so quickly, but the faces of the crew were even better. Izo's jaw hung slack, Vista's eyes looked ready to pop out of their sockets, Haruta had dropped what he was doing, Jozu... Jozu was trying to keep it together without laughing. Pops was popping, he was smiling, trying to be polite about it all but clearly finding amusement in it. No one had expected the abrupt 'Dad' that came out of your mouth. The ship's deck filled with laughter. Now, you sat in a corner sulking, growing mushrooms.

"Stop sulking, What about a game yoi?" Marco swatted your head

"Like to see how much I can lift compared to literally everyone else" You stopped sulking

"Yes Yoi" Marco left to go and grab some heavier Items.

The day continued, you would compare how much you could lift without Haki and with Haki. The difference was oddly astounding. You hadn't realized how much extra strength Haki actually gave you. It had gotten to the point where it was down to you and Jozu. Jozu would lift an extremely heavy object that you couldn't lift without Haki, then you would lift it with Haki. This went on for quite some time before Jozu won. People who had betted on you groaned in invisible pain as they lost their money.

You had learned a lot about what you could and couldn't do. It wasn't as bad as you had thought it was going to be. You couldn't even remember what you had gotten worried about earlier, That was until you went back below deck and it hit you. Making you shiver a bit before leaving quickly... You no longer liked the storage area of the ship, It was like the basement of a house. Just plain creepy at this point. Dinner was fun, Ace face-planted several times, You threw food at Haruta which started an all-out food war. You had even gotten pops to join in on the fun...

[Sorry for the short chapter but it was more of a Crack shot, it contains a bit of lore. Not much though, It was just supposed to be a squishy kind of chapter. Hope you enjoyed it!  ~Author guy]