𝟞.𝟚𝟘 𝕎𝕠𝕝𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕎𝕒𝕣

"Do you think anyone's coming for us?" Nolan asked worriedly, pacing back and forth with his hands pressed firmly against his head.

"No, I don't." I said, "We have to protect ourselves. We have to have each other's backs. So, I need to know if it comes to it, that you will fight them."

"I can fight." Nolan stated uncertainly, glancing up at me.

"Sorry for me not believing you." I drawl sarcastically, "When you couldn't even shoot Liam with a crossbow."

"He would've killed me." Nolan said.

"Shut up!" I snapped and Nolan flinched, backing away from me. "Sorry. I'm just trying to zone out the gunshots so I can hear any sign of Anna and Hunter."

"Anna?" Nolan asks quietly.

"Yes. I'm going to find her and get her out of the crossfire." I nod. I looked outside, looking down the hallway, seeing that no one was there. "Come on."

"We're leaving?" Nolan questioned fearfully, practically glued to my side.

"I heard Anna and Hunter." I inform him and Nolan looked up surprised. "I know you're in love with her."

"Good. So I can go after her next." A voice said and both of us turned to face Nolan's father.

"Dad." Nolan breathed, a slight pang occurred in his chest as he remembered how he had betrayed him. The two of them were family, they still loved each other but his father was not worthy of the love he received.

Family was a gift unless your father is a murdering psychopath who tries to kill your friends, like mine.

"Nolan. Get behind me. Now." I order suddenly, pushing Nolan behind me with a small tap of my arm.

"Nolan, you're coming with me, and this time, you're going to do what I say." His father snapped. He took a step towards us and I could smell the anxiety coming off of Nolan.

"You really don't want to do this." I said to him.

"I do." His father said, "I want my family back together and I'll do whatever it takes."

"You seem different, from the last time I saw you." I replied and he turned pale. Nolan watched the two of us curiously. "I saved your life."

"If you think talking to me is going to get you out of this then you're wrong."

"I don't, but I just wanted to remind you about the time where Isaac nearly killed you. He didn't have control, of course, but I wonder what would've happened that night if I hadn't have stopped him." I replied, "Nolan wouldn't have been a hunter and you wouldn't be standing in front of us, holding a gun."

"You took my family apart. Hunter may have been able to find his way back to me, but Allison just had to tell him about you. The survivor, the recipient of all Kate's rage. If I had killed you-" He continued.

"-Killing me would have made your life so much harder. Your sons would see you as monsters and Hunter would've still stayed by Allison's side like a lost puppy." I retorted.

"He would've still been a lost puppy if you hadn't told him everything." He hissed, eyes blazing with anger.

"Kaelin, please don't hurt him." Nolan pleaded, afraid for his father.

"I won't." I stated, sending a pitiful look his way. "Unless he makes me." I add causing for Nolan to tighten his grip on my arm, still glued to my side. He was frightened and I understood why. His father was a psychopath and like mine, he had a soft spot for his kids, but, however, he would not hesitate to hurt anyone who would dare stand in his way between him and his family. I was a threat to him and I would die because of it.