𝔽𝕃𝔸𝕊ℍ𝔹𝔸ℂ𝕂

SATURN BY SLEEPING AT LAST

'Daddy!' Young Kaelin called as she jumped into his arms. He swung her around before placing a kiss on her forehead.

'Good morning, my darling.' Peter spoke, 'Are you ready for the most marvelous adventure today?'

'Yeah.' Kaelin smiled, 'Mommy says that she has book club tonight and that's why we're hanging out.'

'That's not true.' Peter scoffed, 'I just enjoy spending my time with my darling daughter.'

'Why don't the two of you go out and get some ice cream?' Jasmine smiled. She knelt down and kissed her daughter's forehead. 'Mommy's going to go hang out with her friends.'

'Are you talking about Uncle Deucy and Aunt Satomi?' Kaelin squealed.

'Both, actually.' Jasmine smiled brightly as she looked down at her innocent daughter.

Kaelin didn't know that they were at war with the hunters, but they were going to keep it that way. Kaelin was too innocent. She should never have to have that taken away from her. Never. She doesn't deserve that.

'Come on, let's go, darling.' Peter smiled at Kaelin. 'I'm sure we'll be able to get some of that ice cream that you love.'

Kaelin looked in between her mother and father. 'Yay!' Kaelin squealed and Peter smiled in success. Jasmine sent a thank-you look to him before kissing Kaelin one last time before going to the meeting.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• o •°*"˜.•°*"˜

The two of them made their way to the ice cream shop. The ice cream shop smelled full of peppermint and chocolate. There were more smaller scents, but Peter didn't bother with them. He was just happy to spend some time with his daughter. His daughter's hand was connected with his as they went inside the ice cream shop. Kaelin stood in awe as she looked at all the choices that surrounded her.

'Hello, Mr. Hale.' One of the workers smiled, 'How are you guys doing today?'

'We're doing great. Thank you.' Peter smiled.

'What would you like today, Kaelin?' The worker said as his eyes set on the young girl.

The young girl looked back up at the worker, beaming of happiness. She was glowing and this made Peter happier than ever. Seeing his daughter happy was all he would ever ask for.

'I'll have some cookies and cream, please.' Kaelin replied sweetly as she smiled up at the worker and her father.

The worker nodded as he had grabbed the scooper, and opened up the freezer, the chill air filling the room as he scooped Kaelin's choice of ice cream onto a cone. Kaelin enjoys the cones.

Peter loved to watch his daughter happy, but he hated lying to her. After Paige's death, they had lied to her. They couldn't bear telling the little girl that one of her friends died. Peter hoped that she would never figure it out, but as we all know, he told her himself.

Peter hoped that his daughter would never have to go through sadness or heartbreak. The sad thing is that Kaelin has been through the most sadness out of all of her friends. Kaelin had lost more than any of her friends had. She had lost her family, her entire family. She lost Aiden. Erica. Boyd. She even lost her control. She believed in Peter, but he betrayed her. That's what hurt her the most. She never wanted to be hurt like that, no one would, but she believed that he would become better. That he was better. But he wasn't and he was just lying to her. Kaelin is immortal and now she has to live and watch her friends die. It hurts her and it makes her believe that she's alone in this world.

The worker nodded as he handed the ice cream over to the smiling little girl. Peter had pulled out his money before placing it on the counter and sliding it over to the worker. The worker looked up in shock. 'This is-'

'Keep the change.' Peter declared. He smiled as he grabbed Kaelin's other arm and the duo walked outside.

If only life could stay this way.

Peter loved his daughter and he would do anything for her. Even if he was stuck in a cell in Eichen house because of her friends, he would still protect her. Peter wanted his daughter to live and he would do anything to make that happen. Peter did what he did for his family. Even though Derek, Malia, and Kaelin do not believe it is the right thing for him to do, Peter will always stay loyal to his family. 

His beautiful, intelligent, kind daughter... He believes that she is the only one that could have ever brought out the good of him. She was worth it, what he fought for. She always was, but he never should've betrayed her because that made him lose her forever.

Kaelin misses him even if she hates to admit it. 

At least she has Stiles, who will never leave her side no matter what. She'll never be alone if he's with her.