𝟝.𝟝 𝔸 ℕ𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕝 𝔸𝕡𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕒𝕔𝕙

I smiled at Lydia who had gotten discharged from the hospital. At least someone else with a brain was here to help. Malia and Anna were standing beside us. I had learned about how Tracy and Lucas's bodies were missing. Lucas was the kid who got killed at Cinema.

"You look like shit." I commented as I looked over to Anna.

"That's what happens when you're not a werewolf and drink." Anna said.

"Trust me, I'm aware." I nodded in agreement. "But, what else happened?"

Malia and Lydia shared a look before turning back to look at me. "What? What happened?" Liam had then suddenly walked down the hallway, his eyes only set on Anna. He stopped in front of the group and Anna rushed to stand behind me while I stood there in confusion.

"Anna, can we talk?" Liam asked.

Anna shook her head furiously.

"Anna." Liam pleaded.

"She doesn't want to talk to you, so back off." Malia hissed.

I stood my ground in front of Anna even though I had no idea what was going on.

"Anna, please." Liam pleaded, "I didn't know."

"Look, I don't know what the hell happened last night, but she doesn't want to talk to you, asshole, and she probably has a pretty good reason for that." I said annoyed.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Ann." Liam pleaded, "I promise."

"Don't make us kick your ass, Liam." Malia snapped, "Kaelin could break your hand in a second."

"Anna." Liam pleaded, not giving up.

"Go, Liam." I hissed, "Before I make you." Liam sighed and glanced over at Anna before running off. I turned to the three of them in a demanding tone. "What the hell happened?"

The three girls looked at each other. "You know how Anna got drunk, right?" Malia started.

"Obviously." I said.

"Anna told Liam how she felt about him and how she hated how he treated her." Malia said.

"Oh shit." I remarked.

I couldn't believe that Anna actually did that. Now for sure, Liam will be chasing after her. He'll be searching for her forgiveness and Anna will just be avoiding him 24/7. This won't end well.

"Can we just talk about something else?" Anna groaned, "Like the book."

"Yeah, The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon... you read it?" I said. The book that was connected with the masked men who killed Tracy and Lucas.

"Yeah." Malia said, "I just didn't understand any of it."

"I spent the night at Stiles' place last night. He more like forced me to be there. We researched all night and we found nothing about the author. We think it's a pen name." I sighed. I opened my backpack before taking out some of the pages of the book. "I made my own copy."

"Hmmm." Lydia said as she picked up some of the pages. "In a small New England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive. Days later they emerged transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by an ancient order of parascientists know only as the Dread Doctors. Sounds vaguely familiar. How does it end?"

"It doesn't." Malia said, "This is supposed to be volume one!"

"Oh, let me guess... there is no volume two?" Anna said.

"I think we're living volume two!" Malia declared.

"Then maybe the real question is... is this a novel or someone's prediction?" Lydia said.