𝟞.𝟟 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤

"Did Peter tell you anything?" Scott asks as the two of them sat at the kitchen table. He was filling me in on everything that happened at Canaan.

"He told me that I was Derek's weakness and Kate only did all that stuff to me so that she would be able to get to Derek." I sigh.

"Why would she want to get to Derek?" Scott asks confused.

"She blames him for breaking apart her family when it was really the two of us." I shrug.

"She really misses them, doesn't she?" Scott sighs.

"They're family, Scott. She'll always miss them." I inform him as I held the coffee mug in my hand, taking a sip of it.

"Like you miss Derek?" Scott asks cautiously.

"I do. I do miss him, but I don't want him to visit because I don't want him to get hurt." I state.

"I don't want you going with them, Kae." Scott said, referring to Liam, Anna, and Theo. He was worried about what could happen.

"I can take care of myself, Scott." I assure him.

"I should go with you." Scott states as he got up.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. You are not going anywhere." I shook my head, "You need to stay here and watch out for Lydia. I don't want her to get nearly ran over by a car again." Scott looks at me unconvinced. "Look, if I nearly get run over by a car again... I am sure that Liam would save my life."

"Is that supposed to be reassuring?" Scott asks.

"I think you should be more positive, Scott." I said, "I'll be fine and I'll be there to make sure that Liam doesn't go crazy and kills Theo."

"You should let him." Scott mumbles and I narrow my eyes at him. "I mean- You should not let him." Scott nods.

"Right." I say, "Make sure Malia doesn't kill Hunter."

˜"*°•.˜"*°• o •°*"˜.•°*"˜

Hayden, Theo, Liam, and I were walking through the Beacon Hills Preserve as we looked for a transformer that could produce 5 billion joules. Liam had put chains around Theo's hands so he wouldn't run away.

"This was a bad idea." Liam sighed.

"It's not a bad idea." Anna insists.

"It's a terrible idea." Theo remarks. Liam pulled on the chains bringing him forward and Theo glared at him with anger. "I told you where the transformer is. I told you how it works. I don't need to be there when it all blows up."

Anna turned around to face him. "It's not going to blow up. They ride the lighting. We can use that to catch one and keep him there until we figure out what they want. It's a good idea."

Theo took a step forward. "You're trying to catch a Ghost Rider. A million things could go wrong. Terrible idea."

"The bad idea was bringing him back." Liam said, looking at Theo.

"Come on, Kaelin, help me out here." Theo said, looking over at me.

"Just because I'm not being openly hostile to you doesn't mean that we're friends." I snap, "Or anything close to friends."

Theo frowned. "Are you seriously still mad about that? All I said was that I was sorry!"

I snapped my head towards him. "I'm mad because you thought that I would actually forgive you!"

"You chose to be here." Theo retorts.

"It was either this or having to see Sheriff Stilinski again and I am not going to see him because I will not resist the temptation of punching him in the face." I snap.