𝟝.𝟙𝟝 𝔸𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

I opened my eyes to realize that I was back at home. It all looked familiar. Everything was the same, except something felt off. Something felt very off. How was I here? I was sitting on the couch and got up before looking around.

'What are you doing, Kae?' Lydia said annoyed, 'You can't avoid this conversation forever, you know.' I turned around and gazed at her in shock.

She was wearing a maroon dress and her hair was bouncing off of her as she squealed in delight. The last time I saw her was when she was in Eichen House. Lydia grabbed my hand before pulling me back into the living room and demanding that I sat down and tell her what happened.

'What happened?' Lydia squealed.

'What did I say that happened?' I asked curiously.

'You and Theo.' Lydia smiled, 'It was your one year anniversary, silly.'

I nodded even though I was confused.

'What did the two of you do?' Lydia demanded.

I looked around the room to realize that it felt empty. 'Where's Scott?' Lydia laughed.

'You're so silly.' Lydia laughed and I looked at her confused.

'I'm serious.' I declared, 'Where's Scott?'

'I understand how hard it is, but you really need to accept it.' Lydia said calmly.

'Accept what?' I demanded angrily.

'Scott's dead.' Lydia said.

I stood up abruptly. I stared at Lydia angrily. 'The Lydia I know would never say something like that.'

'I've changed over the year.' Lydia said sadly, 'Being on Theo's side was hard on me.'

I scoffed. 'What are you talking about?'

'You seriously don't remember anything?' Lydia demanded.

'No. I don't.' I stated.

'Scott and Stiles. Malia. Kira. Liam.' Lydia said, 'They're all gone.'

'No. What about Allison? Anna? Hunter?' I asked.

'I was the only one that you could- that you could save.' Lydia said softly.

'No. No.' I snapped.

'And after that, you stood by Theo to protect me.' Lydia said, 'And then you fell in love with him.'

I shook my head over and over again. I started crying. 'I-I. I wouldn't have made it. Not without them.'

Lydia nodded solemnly. 'But you did, and after a year, now you're finally showing that you care.' Lydia snapped towards me. 'But, you need to wake up. Wake up, Kaelin, because I need you. I need your help.'

'What did you say?' I asked confused.

'Wake up.' Lydia snapped.

I fluttered my eyes open. I looked around the drastic and dark room that I was in. I was in Eichen house and Lydia was still in danger. I looked down to my hands that were tied down to the chair that I was sitting in.

"Look who's awake." Valack said and I looked up in anger.

I must still be a vampire because the vervain affected me. Valack walked towards me and I tried to pull against the zip ties that held me to the chair, but it was no use, I was still weak from vervain intoxication. I glared at him heavily.