𝟞.𝟠 𝔹𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕫𝕜𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕘 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕋𝕨𝕠: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕚𝕗𝕥

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

The group walked through the woods. Kaelin had chosen to come to the rift after remembering a small bit about how important Stiles was to her. She wasn't in control. Liam said that he would bring her back, but he didn't. He let her kill the Ghost Rider.

Kaelin was remembering things everywhere she went, but she didn't know how to tell anyone without them calling her insane. She wanted them to believe her and not call her insane again.

"When you were here before." Scott started as he questioned Malia. "How long until the Ghost Riders showed up?"

"A couple minutes." Malia informed the group.

"That's reassuring." Kaelin remarked.

"What's a rift supposed to look like?" Malia asked the group curiously.

"Well, if it's a tear in the fabric of our world, it could look like a black hole." Kaelin answers.

Lydia glanced up at the sky before she looked back at the group and nodded up at the sky. "I really hope it's not up there." Kaelin hummed in agreement.

"Let's split up." Scott sighed. Kaelin sighed reluctantly as the groups split up. Liam with Lydia, Malia with Hunter, and Scott and Kaelin.

Kaelin and Scott walked in the same direction, side by side, looking for the rift. "Do you have something you want to ask me?" Kaelin asks, lifting her eyebrows at Scott who was looking at her intensely.

"Why'd you come?" Scott asks.

Kaelin rolled her eyes. "So that's all you have to say?"

"I can tell you're hiding something from me, Kae." Scott states. "I know you too well."

Kaelin glared at Scott before she kept walking forward. "Stop sending me that look."

"What look?" Scott asks innocently.

"You know exactly what look." Kaelin said annoyed.

"What's going on with you?" Scott asks.

"You don't deserve to know." Kaelin states, "Not after the way you treated me. Look, I understand that you didn't remember him, but why push me away?"

Scott looked down ashamed. "I didn't push you away."

"Then why'd you call me insane?" Kaelin retorts.

"You may find this hard to believe... A small part of me believed you, but another part of me couldn't admit that I had lost someone else." Scott admits.

Kaelin looked up at Scott and could tell that he wasn't lying. "I would've believed you."

"I know, but that doesn't mean that I wanted you to." Scott said, "I know that we've been through a lot together and that's why I didn't want to tell you that. I thought that if I told you that, that you would chase after him, and I can't lose you again."

"That was why?" Kaelin asked.

Scott nodded. "You were the only person that was by my side during all of it and I couldn't bear to lose you too."

"Scott, I'm immortal. I'm going to lose you." Kaelin corrects.

This was the time when the two of them agreed that they would never get into a fight again. Normal relationships have fights, but they don't have a normal relationship.

Scott nodded slightly before he stopped abruptly and held his arm out in front of Kaelin to stop her too. Kaelin looked at him confused. Scott pointed at the tunnel that was in front of them.