𝟞.𝟚 𝕊𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

"I'm worried about you." Scott says as I walked downstairs from my room. I didn't tell him about how I had written some person's name on paper or whatever.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"You haven't been getting any sleep, Kae, and I've been in your room." Scott states.

"There is something called privacy, Scott, search it up." I say annoyed, rolling my eyes at him.

"Okay." Scott says uncertain. He narrowed his eyes at me in confusion as he knew that something else was up.

"I've got to go, Scott." I say, "Mason and Corey want to meet up at the animal clinic and talk about their mating bond. Well, it's more like Liam that wants to do it because he can't handle the fact that his best friend is in love with a chimera."

"Like you were." Scott mutters and I glared at him.

"We don't talk about that." I snap before I made my way out of the house and out to the animal clinic.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• o •°*"˜.•°*"˜

Deaton glanced over at Anna and I who glanced excitedly over at Mason and Corey. We were very happy that they had found their soulmate. Liam continued to glare at Corey while Deaton turned to glare at him.

"Can we start?" I ask annoyed as Mason and Corey gazed at each other lovingly.

"We can when Liam leaves." Deaton states.

"DAD!" Anna exclaims.

"He's trying to mess with fate. It won't end well for him." Deaton defends.

I rolled my eyes before I turned to face both Mason and Corey. "Look, soulmates don't have to be lovers."

"Thank god!" Liam exclaims exasperated and everyone turned to glare at him.

"Liam, really?" Anna snapped angrily.

"What?" Liam asked, "I wasn't the only one thinking it." Liam looked over to me, hoping that I agreed with him.

"I can confirm that you are the only one in the entire world that was thinking it." I state and Liam glares at me.

"If you don't want to be helpful then leave." Deaton said, "I have to explain to another pair of mates that they belong to each other." Liam glared at him.

"I'm staying." Liam states as he continued to glare at Deaton and Corey.

I sigh before I turned to look at the duo smiling. "You guys are soul mates. That part is obvious." Liam scoffs and I glare at him. "You want to be with him, right?" Corey nodded vigorously. I glanced over at Mason. "And you want to be with him, right?" Mason nodded. "Then be together."

"It's not that easy-" Mason started.

"-Trust me. I understand. I've gone through the exact same thing you're going through." I assure him. I nod over to Liam. "Disapproving best friend and a nice mate, but your mate won't turn out to be an asshole and run all the way to France, because he's too precious."

"Thanks, Kaelin." Corey beamed.

"No problem." I say, "The most important part of being mates is that you can feel each other's pain."

"Mason's going to be feeling a lot of pain then." Hunter stated and I turned to look at him surprised. Liam nodded in agreement. Hunter was eating from his bag of chips causing all of us to cringe.

"You're hilarious." I say. "Ignore him. That's what I do." I say, waving him off. I had taught Hunter to be stealthy.

"Look, I just wanted to be here for the drama." Hunter shrugs.