Forty Nine; We Found Wonderland

"I'm not going without you. They know where to find us now" Hope looked at her mother who was only thinking about a way to rescue her daughter from this mess. She shook her head and cupped her daughter's cheeks.

"And I will be fine, Hope. But it all makes sense now. They could have killed me at any time, they had the white oak in their possession and they didn't use it. It's you that they want"

"No, I can take care of myself-" Elena cut her and looked at her more seriously. Hope was scared, Elena was able to feel this. "No. It's your strength that they're afraid of. You are a Mikaelson witch with two Original hybrids as your parents. You are the one that could finally unite all the factions. And that goes against everything that they believe in. They thrive on hatred, and you, you, my sweet girl, are their worst fear. Which means you have to go. Yes, you have to go. You have to leave now. I love you. Now. Go"

Elena pulled her daughter into a hug and placed millions of kisses on her hair. Hope was shaking her head but Elena gave that look, the look reminded it her that it was an emergency and she had to leave. Hope turned to leave but Greta was behind her and knocked her out with sleeping powder.

Elena tried to attack on Greta but she was weakened. She was not able to use her powers, she was useless. Greta threw her to the wall and ripped off the sunshades. Elena hissed because her daylight ring was gone. "If you lay one finger on my daughter-"

"I'd say you're not in a terribly good position to make threats" Greta was feeling amazing with an Original under her possession. And her all species daughter from an abomination father.

"Mom?" Roman entered the room and looked at her mother and Elena. Greta turned to him and frowned slightly, you could not even name. "Roman, are you all right?" Roman nodded and looked at his mother.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Hope's going to do the binding spell. And then we can let them go" Greta looked at her beloved son and smiled cruelly. "Oh, darling, if only we could"

Rebekah and Tabitha walked out of the car quickly. No matter what, Tabitha would always help Elena and when she went missing, she was of course positive to help even if it meant seeing her cheating ex without his memories.

Elijah snapped her neck swiftly and started to follow Rebekah. Rebekah knew they were not Tabitha's footsteps, she turned her back and sighed. "What are you doing here? Why did you hurt Tabitha for God's sake!"

"Protecting my family" Rebekah felt a little smile on her face, because she thought her brother was there to save their sister and their niece but she realized how wrong she was as he threw a wooden stick to her way. Rebekah looked at her older brother with shock. "They're your family? Hope is in there!"

"It's not my problem" Elijah was certain, Rebekah gulped and looked at the man once could sacrifice his life for the ones holding in that house as a hostage. "What about Elena? Your sister, one person you cared about most!" Elijah just huffed, he knew who Elena was. The woman tipped him two hundred bucks, the woman who reminded him the conception of family but he did not care anymore, or he would like to think so. "You may not remember Elijah but Elena's never left you. When we were running from father, you stayed to fight with him, you told us to leave. Elena did not want to leave, you snapped her neck and make Niklaus to promise that he will take care of her. He did! Now you owe him, you owe them!"

"The only sibling matters is the brother of the woman I love. He is in there and you are not going in" Rebekah's face changed into the beast's and she tilted her head. "Well, it shows how little you actually remember your old life, because if you did, you'd know there's no way you can stop me"

Inside of the shiloh place, Roman looked at his mother with confusion. She was all into kill Hope with or without their werewolf side. "But you said if they just bound her werewolf side-"

"Klaus Mikaelson was bound, but found a way to break it. There are always loopholes. And we cannot afford any more hybrids" Elena could swear her eyes softened when she heard her lover's name. Klaus, she hoped Klaus was there to save them, he would manage to save them.

Roman looked at Hope who was laying unconscious, Elena's only hope was Roman's affection towards Hope. "What the hell did you do to her? Hope? Hope?" Roman tried to wake Hope up but she was not waking up. "It's easier for her this way"

"I don't understand what's happening" Roman looked around helplessly. "If we want peace, we cannot allow an apex predator to exist" Elena gritted her teeth and looked at them with fury.

Outside, Elijah and Rebekah were fighting and no one could say they were playing nice. Rebekah was reminding herself that she was not fighting with his brother, he was a man who had no memories. It was the one thing avoiding her to feel the guilt.

"Roman, you don't have to do this. She's not a werewolf or a hybrid, she's your friend, and you care about her. I know you do" Elena's voice was cracking, which brought Roman into his senses. He shook his head and looked at his mother, how could he? "Please, Mom, please, don't make me do this. Please, don't-"

"Give that to me!" Greta roared and tried to take the stake. Both Roman and Elena launched on her. "Mother, no!" Stake fall to the ground from Greta's hand.

Both Rebekah and Elena fighting for their family, Elena was stronger than Greta but with her given position, with all the torture and her lack of powers she did not have an upper hand. Rebekah  bursted in, and so too Elijah. Elena looked at Elijah with hope and called out for him. "Brother"

Rebekah attempted to save her sister but she was not able to. Elijah stabbed her with a wooden stick from back down to her heart and Elena realized she had no escape from this, she looked down to Rebekah. Elijah ran to Roman who was holding Hope's body, Elena gasped when she felt Greta's hand at her heart. Surely it would not kill her but it hurt still.

She looked at her daughter one last time, and then to her sister. She closed her eyes and opened them again, only to rip Greta's finger off. Greta screamed in pain and she was boiling with rage, it all happened so fast when Greta grabbed the white oak stake. "Elena, the stake!"

It was too late, Elena managed to kill Greta and save her daughter but Greta also managed to kill her. Rebekah was finally free from the stick, she screamed in pain and her tears started to fall one by one. She covered her mouth with her hand and watched her sister's burning body like she watched her brother's burning body fifteen years ago. With her screams Elijah walked to the door, he felt weird with scene but one thing was for sure, Elijah did not want Elena to die.

---

Blue, and soft brown. Elena smiled when she was surrendered by her comfort colours. She recalled the pain she felt a few minutes ago, it was like the time Mikael put her into the coma. Death was a horrible experience.

She opened her eyes and looked around her, she was in the woods. She looked at her cloths, they were not ripped off or dusty, actually these clothes belonged to the tenth century. Elena stood up and frowned. She realized her hair was longer like she was human.

"Elena"

The same voice she was craving for years uttered her name like she was the holiest thing ever as his hand touched to her shoulder. She would recognize his touch in everywhere.

and in the end
in wonderland
we all went mad

the end