Thirty Nine; She Should Be Mad

"Get home safe"

"Thanks"

Tabitha sighed and walked to her car. Matt got into his car and reversed out. Tabitha waved to him from inside her car as he was driving away. She started her car, started reversing, and hit something. She stopped driving immediately.

"What?"

She got out of her car and checked her bumper. There was nothing there. Suddenly, Rebekah appeared with all of her anger.

"Drive much?"

"Rebekah"

Rebekah grabbed Tabitha and pushes her against her car. Her demonic face appeared and Tabitha tried to talk but she was too scared to do.

"Surprised? You drove a dagger through my back, Tabitha. It hurt"

"Rebekah, no, he compelled me to-"

Rebekah tried to bite Tabitha not letting her complete her sentence and Tabitha screamed. Suddenly Elijah rushed over, and held Rebekah against a car by her throat.

"Elijah"

"Leave"

Rebekah looked at Tabitha and left immediately. She was thinking about Tabitha's words. She said that she was compelled, maybe she really was.

She entered their mansion and saw Elena sitting on the couch. She was staring at the wall, not doing anything, it was not easy to say she was breathing at all.

"Elena?"

"Bekah, hi"

Elena said awkwardly, causing Rebekah to sit next to her. Elena looked at her and smiled as Rebekah placed her hands on her belly. She smiled to her sister and teared up a little.

"I never wanted to hide it from you"

"I know, you never hide things from me"

Elena nodded and looked at Rebekah's blue eyes. Rebekah sighed and rested her head on Elena's shoulder. Elena caressed her blonde locks as she spoke.

"Would you wake me if you were awake too?"

"I would, and the thing is, I was going to. Right after we left Chicago, I was planning on waking you and running with you from Nik"

"What?"

Elena closed her eyes and a tear fell from her eye. Rebekah looked at her with wide open eyes, wondering what horrible thing her brother did to run Elena away. "Tonight, seeing our family with full of hatred brought back some memories I wished to forget" She whispered and looked at her sister who was listening her quietly.

"Every love story, Rebekah, has a breaking point. When we were in New Orleans, I heard some rumors. Rumors about the one certain Original Vampire and the Werewolf Queen"

"No"

Rebekah said with shock and sadness. She looked at Elena who was now not able to hold her tears. A few drops fell down to her cheek and Rebekah squeezed her hand.

"Turned out that all the rumors were true, Klaus and Lana had spent one night or two. I don't know the details but then they both decided to end this affair. But it was too late, rumors were spreading already"

"But, but you never confronted him!"

"Things happened, Mikael found us and when we hit Chicago, you were happy. I didn't want your happiness to overshadow because of his faults but still, I could not save you"

Now she was completely crying and Rebekah's eyes also had some tears. She looked at Elena with hurt in her eyes, and that was the harsh reality in so many ways.