Forty Six; Forever Is The Sweetest Con

Esther and Alaric were walking though the cemetery towards the Salvatore tomb. Esther sighed with the memories of the land, mostly bitter ones.

"Why are we here?"

"Long ago on this spot my son tore my heart from my chest. The violence of my death marked this ground for all time"

Esther explained and les the way. They entered the tomb. Esther stood in front of a bowl, Alaric was on the opposite side, facing her.

"I'll need your ring"

"Now, why would I give you the one thing that protects me from death?"

Alaric asked with arrogance and Esther continued to demand his ring. When he seemed like he was not going to give, she started to explain.

"I will give you all the protection you need, however the stake will burn up in the body of its first victim. If you are to kill all of my children I will need to bind the protective magic in your ring to the stake, thus rendering the white oak indestructible"

Alaric gave Esther his ring. She dropped it into the bowl and starts chanting a spell. Flames bursted up from the bowl as the ring melts. Esther stirred the molten metal with the white oak stake and then turned it upside down. The metal poured down and covers and fused with the white oak.

"The ultimate weapon for the ultimate hunter"

———

"Tabitha, my love, where are you?"

Elijah walked into their new house and frowned when Tabitha did not show up. He walked to their bedroom and looked around, her clothes were still in the closet yet the bed was not made up. Tabitha would never leave the bed untidy.

He sped to their kitchen and he frowned with the scene, it was like someone was preparing a meal yet left the kitchen immediately. A few cups were on the ground, Elijah frowned but then flinched with the idea, someone had Tabitha.

———

Tabitha slowly opened her eyes and looked around her surroundings, she was in Mystic Falls. She groaned and opened her eyes, she gasped when she saw Alaric.

"Alaric? Alaric are you alright?"

"You'll forgive me for taking you from Elijah this evening. That's the burden of being the doppelgänger, I'm afraid. Your blood is a potent binding agent for a witch's spell"

Tabitha looked around the cemetery, she tried to move but she was tied down. She struggled but she was not able to move in any ways. She looked at Alaric with begging expression.

"What's going on? What are you doing with him?"

"I'm going to remake him"

Tabitha blinked twice with confusion. What would remaking him mean? She was also thinking about Elijah, did he realize that she was gone? She hoped so.

"Remake him?"

"Make him strong, fast, like my children. Indestructible. For one final time I'm going to tap into the dark magic I used a thousand years ago. Like my husband Mikael before him I will make Alaric into a true hunter, a vampire to end all vampires"

Tabitha shook her head faintly, she did not want any Original to die, certainly not Elijah. Esther narrowed her eyes along with Alaric and Tabitha con to shook her head.

"No, no I won't help you! Not this time!"

"Oh, you will, willingly or not"

———