Five; Forever and Always

A gasp, Elena heard a gasp before opening her eyes, she realized it was her gasp. She was sure that she was killed, apparently she was not. Immortality has its perks as it seemed.

Her wild eyes looked around, she was in the woods and the dawn was so close, she could say within minutes, the whole land will be shining with sun.

Elena gasped again when she saw someone crying. She would not care if the crying man was not blonde, naked and her lover. She ran to him, he looked at her eyes with an indescribable pain.

She kneeled beside him and covered his naked body with her arms, planting little kisses to his forehead. He was shaking with fear, because he also thought Elena was dead, again.

"I am sorry, I was not there for you I am sorry my love"

She whispered to his ear and he wrapped his arms around her arms. They both cried silently until Elijah showed up with a pair of pants, something he needed.

They both turned their heads away as he stood up and wore the pants, nothing something Elena had never seen but she knew it was no time or place for somethings like that.

"What am I? How many?"

"Six"

Elijah said as a whisper and Elena did her best to not to gasp. Niklaus covered his face with shame, fear and self-disgust, something Elena hated to see in his eyes.

"You slaughtered six villagers, brother. You tore them apart as though they were nothing at all"

Elena shook her head and held Klaus' arm supportively. She was looking at Elijah with begging eyes, asking him not to continue. Both Elena and him stood up but he was too tired to remain stood.

"Brother, Elena, what have I become?"

He whispered, looking at Elena. Was she disgusted by him? What was going on in her pretty little head? Was she scared of him or was she not? Elena looked to the ground before explaining.

"You seem like the wolves in the village, cursed to turn when the moon is full"

Elena said as a whisper and immediately pulled him into a hug, a comforting one to make sure he was not feeling anything wrong about her feelings towards him. Elijah also hugged them and their little group hug lasted for five seconds.

"Listen to me, father is beside himself with rage. It seems this, uh, affliction can only be passed by a certain kind of conception-"

"And do our siblings share this affliction? Do you share this affliction?"

He asked as his tears had became visible again. Elena shook her hand, begging Elijah to stay quiet even though he had to explain. His expression was heartbreaking so was hers. He sighed and answered.

"No, I don't"

"He is not my father, is he?"

Elena let out a sob, and Elijah looked vulnerable along with Niklaus. He placed his hand at his back and looked at his eyes assuringly.

"You listen to me, this changes nothing. For any of us. We are here for you, as we shall be always. Just like we shall be always for Elena"

How hilarious it was that Mikael's both formerly favorite children were not his children at all. What kind of family was this, what kind of lies they were keeping from them?

"Do you hate me, are you ashamed of me?"

Niklaus turned his head to Elena and his voice was cracking. Elena shook her head faintly and cupped his cheeks, placing her forehead against his forehead, drying his tears.