Fifteen; Chosen Families

Rebekah walked through a doorway into a room filled with people dressed in their finery for some sort of party. They nodded at Rebekah as she passed by, welcoming her. Rebekah was watching Klaus as he left the room with Elena, they were sharing intense glares . She then turned her attention to a young man, whom she kissed chastely.

Upstairs, Elijah was kissing a Creole woman while further down the hall Klaus and Elena were draining a man with full of passion. Once they were done Klaus attacked on Elena's lips.

"Your brother. He's gone too far" The woman said as she eyed to the man who was now dead. Elijah parted them and looked at Klaus with semi tease, semi serious expression.

"Niklaus, there is no hope for you, is there?"

Klaus parted himself from Elena who narrowed her eyes to Elijah's statement. He wiped his mouth and  smiled to Elena. "Even Elena is not complaining about my feedings this time"

"When did I ever complain?"

"Never" Elena chuckled and Klaus connected their lips again, more hungrily this time. Rebekah joined them, Emil in tow. She looked at Elena and Niklaus before clearing her throat as if she was trying to get their attention.

"Are we interrupting?"

"Yes"

"No"

Elijah smiled to his sister as Klaus narrowed his eyes. He was about to go back to kiss Elena but Elena stopped him and gestured him to listen. Rebekah looked at Elena, and then Elijah before talking happily and hopefully.

"Dearest Elena and Elijah. You've only ever wished happiness for me. Emil and I are in love. Please, let me turn him"

Klaus chuckled and Elena looked torn. She looked at her sister who was looking at her with hopeful eyes and a nervous smile. Elena returned the smile and looked at Elijah whose answer was already ready.

"Rebekah, the governor has graciously agreed to hide a lot of our... indiscretions. It would not do to turn his son into one of us"

"Please. For me"

Klaus narrowed his eyes and sighed before looking at Rebekah. His intimidating face turned into a fake positivity. Everyone knew that look, and no one liked what it meant.

"It's not going to happen, Sister. If we turned every man you dropped your knickers for, then human beings would cease to exist and we'd have no bloody food"

"How dare you, sir! You would do well to treat –"

Before poor Emil could finish his sentence regarding to defend Rebekah and her long list of past, Klaus grabbed him by the neck and forcibly walked him down the hallway. Elena gasped along with the others and ran to Klaus with Elijah, they were shouting.

"Brother!"

"Nik stop it, now!"

"No!"

Klaus ignored them and threw Emil off the balcony, whence  he fell several stories and apparently died instantly. Elena was holding a sobbing Rebekah as she was staring at him with fury. Klaus now looked at Elena who was telling him to stop it. He faked a smile and looked her into eyes before walking away.

"Your wish, my love, is my command"

It was few days later, there were a funeral procession and all were dressed in black, following behind a horse-drawn carriage. They were burying Emil, the governor's only son, or so they thought.

A man on a horse were whipping a young black boy, who was screaming in pain with each lash. Him and his screams reminded Klaus his own youth. He had a protector, the one would never let anyone to touch him, this boy seemed defenceless just like how Klaus was feeling without Elena by his side.