Twenty Eight; Gonna Go Down In Flames

Ray was lying on his back on a pool table after his confessions about whereabouts of his pack which actually disappointed Elena and Klaus how disloyal he was as a wolf.

"Okay, it's a three step process, Ray. This is step one. I want you to drink from my wrist"

"I already told you where to find the pack. What more do you want from me?"

"Have you been listening to a word I've been saying, Ray? I have great plans for you"

He cut his wrist and made him drink his blood as Elena was watching them making sure everything is fine. Klaus smirked and looked at terrified Ray.

"You'll thank me for it later, huh. There we go, attaboy!"

"What are you going to do now?"

"It's time for step two, Ray"

He twisted his neck, killing him and looked at Stefan. Stefan looked  on unemotionally which was a bit odd but Elena just shrugged.

"You're back"

"Did you doubt me?"

"Not for a second. I knew you'd pass the test. You are still that poor little insect who cares for his old life"

Elena said as she narrowed her eyes on him, she did not like him at all, he was not something likable type. Klaus raised his eyebrows, he was not sure he did saw Elena that mean in a while.

"Nah, I don't care about anything anymore"

"You put on a good show Stefan. I almost believe you. Let's hope, for your brother's sake, he does. You never stop caring about family, do you? But, every time you feed, the blood makes it easier to let go"

"Says the man who is still in love with his childhood crush"

Stefan said and totally pissed Elena, she would not normally do but Elena narrowed her eyes and turned her head as Klaus frowned. He stood up and looked at Stefan as he compelled him.

"Stay here no matter what, we will be back"

Stefan nodded and Klaus got out of the bar with Elena next to him. He tilted his head and looked at her eyes, looking for a hint of anger, fury yet she looked fine.

"What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing, why?"

"Elena, I can name it when you lie"

Elena narrowed her eyes and looked to the sky. Klaus looked at her with frowned brows and sighed. He was not able to understand what was wrong and it was paining him.

"Tell me love, what are you hiding?"

"It's not time and place for this"

"Elena-"

"It's fine, we're fine Nik. We will talk just not now"

Klaus held her hand and looked at her as he was begging her to talk to him. He was thinking about every single shameful thing he had done while she was sleeping yet nothing would sadden Elena.

"Let's go"

Klaus looked at her with sort of fear of losing her and she walked inside of the bar. She saw Stefan with Ray's dead body and gestured him to go as Klaus was walking behind them. Stefan walked next to Elena and looked at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Depends, are you interested in gossip or business?"

"He is not interested in anything, we are leaving"