Thirty Four; You Just Feel Used

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves. Even Elena likes here"

"Your father is dead"

Klaus rose his eyebrows with surprise and looked at Elena who was wandering around the woods. He paid his attention back to Stefan and sighed.

"What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened"

Stefan explained what had happened, the lie they had worked on to be specific, and Klaus seemed enough believed to make demands.

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself"

"Well, he is here. Come by whenever"

"If you are lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?"

Well, to be honest, he was not lying at all about Tabitha daggered Mikael Mikaelson. The little part out of his narrative was Mikael was going to get undaggered within minutes.

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes"

"I wanna talk to Rebekah"

"That's not a problem. She is right here"

Stefan handed over the phone to Rebekah who narrowed her eyes for the millionth time in a day. She grabbed the phone harshly and shivered with disgust as he started to speak.

"Hello Nik"

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run in with the dagger?"

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you and Elena. I'm miserable here"

"We'll be home soon"

"Good. I'll see you then, brother"

She hung up the phone and turned to the others who were staring at her for an answer. She sighed and nodded her head as the others sighed with relief.

"He bought it. He's coming home"

"Now- was that easy or what?"

"Let's just get this over with"

Tabitha pulled the dagger out of Mikael's chest and looked at Rebekah who was looking at Mikael. She tapped on her shoulder and held the dagger tight as she spoke.

"I think you two have things to talk"

Rebekah nodded and thanked to Tabitha who signaled others to leave. Later, Mikael was still dead on the floor; Rebekah was in a chair, painting her toe nails while waiting for Mikael to come to life again. He started to move, coughed, and got up.

"Finally. Took you long enough"

"Rebekah-"

"Whatever fatherly rubbish you're thinking, save it. Nothing you say matters to me"

Rebekah interrupted his speech of sob and sad apology about being a horrible father. He sighed and looked down to floor before talking since he was not able to make eye contact with her.

"I see. Where is my dagger?"

"Tabitha has it. So you can forget your plans to use it on me"

"You were never what I was after"