Thirty Six; Hell Was The Journey

Elena, Damon and Klaus entered an empty room. Klaus narrowed his eyes as Elena looked around the room, really not interested in anything Damon would say.

"What now? You just pulled me away from a fascinating conversation about landscaping the Town Square!"

"Stefan just grabbed Tabitha"

"Well, he's getting desperate"

Elena made a little comment and Klaus smiled to her. It was hard to believe that maniac, psychotic, manipulative the devil himself was able to love someone.

"He's gonna try and use her against you. Do what he says, get rid of your hybrids"

"Or what? Stefan would never dream of killing Tabitha"

"You sure about that? He just tried to behead someone in the middle of a Council party. He's operating on crazy right now"

Damon stated in a rush, Elena looked at him and she was able to see the sadness and panic in his face. Klaus took another sip from his drink and looked to Damon with a smirk.

"Well, crazy or not, that kind of love never dies. He's bluffing"

"Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but if you don't want to believe him, believe me. I know my brother better than anyone, and right now, I don't have a clue how far he is willing to take this. So if he says blink, I suggest you blink"
———

"Stefan, how nice to hear your voice!"

"Tell your hybrids to get out of town, Klaus"

"Well that's not gonna happen until I get my coffins back"

"Okay, well then I'm gonna drive your blood source off Wickery Bridge"

"I don't believe you Stefan. You won't kill her"

Stefan looked at the phone like he was challenging Klaus and bit his wrist as he forced it into Tabitha's mouth and forced her to drink his blood. She tried to push him away but she couldn't.

"I just fed her my blood. No more hybrids if she's a vampire"

"You won't do it"

"Really? Try me, because your coffins are next to go. Say goodbye to your family Klaus"

Klaus looked at Elena who was looking at him with wide open eyes. She wanted her family and if it meant losing her brothers she could not care less about the hybrids.

"Fine, I'll send them away. You win"

But Stefan was not stopping the car. Klaus and Elena were able to hear Tabitha's screams and Elena felt bad for that poor little girl. Klaus got furious and and screamed through the phone.

"Stop the car, Stefan!"

Stefan slammed on the brakes and skids to a stop. Klaus heard this and hung up, furious. Elena took a deep breath as she exhaled shakily. He walked to her and she just held his three fingers with her hand, like whenever she was scared of something when they were human. Klaus sighed and they walked away again.
———

Elena knocked the door and the boy called Matt opened it quickly. She smiled sadly and greeted the blue eyed sad boy with a simple head nod. Blue eyed boy looked at her cautiously.

"Tyler came to see us. Poor boy, he seemed quiet distressed. He said Caroline had a terrible accident"

"Your boyfriend made him do this to her. He would have never done something like this"