Forty Eight; Is This The End Of All The Endings?

Alaric broke the locks off and opened the doors to several of the storage units. After not being able to find Klaus' body in any of them, he heard the elevator bell ding and Rebekah coming out of the elevator.

"Damon! Damon, where are you?"

Alaric pulled out the white oak stake and began to walk towards Rebekah's voice. Rebekah was searching for Damon cluelessly that a vampire hunter was around and waiting for her.

"Damon, this isn't funny"

Rebekah walked down a line of storage units while Alaric continued to search for her. She continued walking down a row and was suddenly grabbed from behind by Damon, who covered her mouth so she won't scream. She pulled her back so they were hidden behind a unit.

"Rebekah. Shhhh"

Damon hushed her and Alaric continued searching for Rebekah, but stopped in front of storage unit 1020 and saw that the lock had been broken off. He opened the unit door, but Klaus' casket was gone. In another part of the warehouse, Rebekah and Damon were wheeling Klaus' casket to a car, but Alaric came out of nowhere, grabbed Rebekah and slammed her head against her car, then threw her to the ground. Damon rushed at Alaric but Alaric kicked him out of his way. Alaric opened the casket and pulled out the white oak stake. Klaus' eyes were flying open. Rebekah rushed to get up.

"No, don't!"

"No! No! No!"

Alaric staked Klaus' in the heart and Klaus gasped. Damon grabbed Rebekah so that she could not run to the casket. Klaus' body burned to ashes and finally it was just a burning pile, nothing more. His body get burned and in the end it was just ash and burnt wooden. Rebekah continued to scream and cry as Alaric turned around.

"Next"

"Rebekah, run. Run!"

Damon pushed Rebekah towards the opposite direction and she rushed off. Damon rushed towards Alaric to distract him, but Alaric threw him to the ground and rushed off in search of Rebekah.

———

Elijah and Tabitha were standing in the woods as Elena was crying silently. Rebekah showed up behind them, still in tears. She looked at Elena and she realized she already knew.

"He's gone, Elijah, Elena. There was nothing I could do to stop it"

They both looked at Elena who was still crying silently, but also touching her belly tenderly. Rebekah hugged her and Elijah embraced them both. Elena was paralyzed.

"Tyler Lockwood is not dead, just like the rest he survived. You said that Niklaus turned their bloodline"

"I thought he did"

"It wasn't me, it wasn't Kol"

"It wasn't me or Elena, Elijah. It was Niklaus, I'm sure of it"

Elijah frowned and looked at his sisters. "Then how are they still alive?" Elena closed her eyes and gulped, someone had to say, and she was the only one who knew. "I broke the sire lines, no one is going to die if any of us dies"

Both siblings looked at Elena with shock, she wiped her tears and continued to stare at the floor. "When I heard that Esther was creating something can kill us, I knew I had to. Witches have to protect the balance and the nature is balanced. Killing all the vampires would only break the balance, mother was stupid enough to chase us down"

Elena looked at Tabitha. The warmness in her eyes was gone. Tabitha gulped and looked at Elena with fear, almost knowing what's going on her mind. She shook her head and Elena sped to her.