Six; Begin Again

In the beginning, they were so naive. Their mother had made them into beasts who fed on blood. But immortality was beyond their grasp, compulsion a trick they had yet to learn. All they knew was a fear of being hunted... That, and a terrible hunger. So they ran, as a family and when they needed to, as a family, they fed.

"Kol, are you quite done?"

Kol, who was feeding deeply on the man on the ground a few feet away, groaned in exasperation and sat upright. Behind him; Elena, Rebekah, Klaus, and Finn have just finished feeding on the driver's companions and were dragging their bodies toward the cart. Kol narrowed his at his brother's impatience statement.

"Oh, brother, Elijah! Is all of this truly necessary?"

Elijah looked at his the youngest brother with frustration, he was always asking unnecessary questions which will lead them to nowhere but arguing.

"Brother, the road is a major thoroughfare-"

"-If the bodies are found, word of our presence will spread to Mikael"

Elena completed her brother's sentence with much more calmer voice. Kol narrowed his eyes again and huffed. He was having no fun with hiding his masterpieces, dead bloody bodies.

"We have run through autumn and winter, through sleet and snow... Are we cursed to forever live in fear of our father?"

Rebekah said, making sure everyone was seeing how annoyed she was. Of course she did not like running, why running and hiding when you can live this life happily?

"I should say yes, sadly"

Elijah pointed at Finn in annoyance and with the hidden hint of anger. Elena narrowed her eyes at her oldest brother, she loved Finn but sometimes his commentary was highly unnecessary.

"Finn, please. Niklaus-"

Elijah looked over at Klaus, who was petting the carriage driver's horse, for backup in their argument yet he could not have any answer by his side. Rebekah continued to glare at Elijah as Elena walked next to Klaus.

"Do we have any idea where we're running to next?"

Rebekah asked with unamused humorous voice as her youngest brother Kol who had finally finished feeding on the driver, was glaring at Elijah. He dropped the driver's body on the ground before standing and walking toward his siblings.

"Why not just do what we've all thought of doing? Split up!"

Elijah, clearly not fond of this plan, grimaced as he continued to cover up their victims. Klaus finally spoke up and joint his siblings in their debate, leaving Elena the only one who was remaining silent.

"We swore a vow!"

"Your vows haunt me more than Father himself! At least he can't chase us all, I say we take our chances"

Kol yelled at his older brother as he lost his temper, only to welcomed by a glare from his older sister. He was truly missing the sister he had few years ago, not that girl who was supporting Klaus no matter what.

Klaus also glared at Kol, their vow was the most important thing to him since someone was finally accepting him. Finn was looking torn between the two sides, hesitated before speaking.