Fourteen; It's Time To Go

Klaus was standing by a burning fireplace in a room of the castle when Elijah entered the room. He was surprised when he did not see Elena with Klaus yet maybe, it was better for this time.

"The full moon is tomorrow, brother. After all these centuries, it is finally time"

"I have been to see the witches. They believe they may have found a way to spare the doppelgänger"

"What does it matter if she lives or not? She's a means to an end that is all"

Klaus said like she was an useless piece of trash. And truth to be told, she was. Why would Klaus care if the girl was staying alive or not?

"What, she should die for your gain?"

"She is human. Her life means nothing"

"I beg you to consider this"

Klaus frowned and turned his face to his brother. Oh, how much Elijah wanted Elena to be there in the room at that moment. She would understand what he was feeling.

"Are you so foolish as to care for her?"

"Of course not"

Klaus got close to him and looked at him in the eyes. Elijah did not like how serious the scene was and how he was able to read his mind. Elijah knew what his brother was going to say.

"Loving a mortal is a vampire's greatest weakness, and we are not weak, Elijah. I thought you had learned your lesson"

"We did once, we cared for the mortals"

"Too many lifetimes ago to matter. Tell the witches not to bother. The sacrifice will happen as planned"

Elijah left the room and Elena walked in, she knew it was going to happen. She wrapped her arms around his back and placed a kiss to his shoulder. He closed his eyes and laid his head back.

"We are that close to end all of it"

"I am glad you are with me love, I really am"

"I shall always be around, darling, I promise"

Klaus nodded his head and pulled Elena into a hug. If it was not for Elena, he would never know what the true love was. And as Elena was laying down next to him, he was thanking to her silently as he was kissing her hair.

A night passed, the most critical night of Katerina's life. And when they opened their eyes that morning a lot was lost, Elijah's trust was going to get scar again and his heart was going to get broken.

And no one knew what had happened last night until Klaus stormed into Elijah's room where Elena and Elijah were reading books with a cup of tea. Elena looked at him as she tilted her head and you could have swore, for a second, his eyes got softened.

"What have you done?"

"I don't understand"

Klaus' words were directly to Elijah but Elena was still listening them carefully. She was about to stand up when Klaus had talked.

"Katerina has gone. She has fled"

"No"

Elena was able to say, as she looked at Elijah. They were both thinking the same thing, Elijah helped her. Yet Elena's rationale side worked faster than her paranoias.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her nothing"

Within seconds, probably because he could not get the answer he has been looking for, Klaus grabbed him and pushed him against the wall. His face had changed into beasts and Elena stood ip quickly.