chapter 40

Y/N's POV

The next day I went at the Avengers Compound very early, and as I apparated in the lab I found, Nat, Steve, Bruce and Scott, "hey, guys-" I said but then I noticed that Bruce was a mix between his human form and his Hulk form, "uhm, hi Y/N. you're grown up, I see. Uhm, how's life?" asked Bruce, "life's good, except for the fact that I lost Peter, but what happened to you?" I replied smiling and a little sad too, "Well-" started Bruce but Nat cut him off "you can talk later, we have to work." "Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh... the van thing." Replied Bruce visibly embarrassed, then Scott opened a portal and Steve said to Bruce "Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby." "Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, we don't wanna lose Tiny here in the 1950's." I said and they all looked at me panicked, "Hope, didn't tell you?" I continued but then Nat said "She's kidding." Then she turned to me and whispered "You can't say things like that!" i turned to look at the others and Bruce said "I got it. Just... It was a bad joke." "see you in 10 seconds." Said Bruce as Scott wore the helmet "Good luck, Scott. You got this." Said Steve right after "You're right. I do, Captain America." Replied Scott then Bruce pressed a button and Scott disappeared through the Quantum Tunnel.

"On the count of three. 3... 2... 1!" I said then Bruce pressed another button and Scott came back but not the present Scott, a teen Scott, then he went into the Quantum another time and came back as an old man, and the next time he came back as a baby, "alright Bruce, now give me space." I said then as he went away from the controls I started to think about what to do, "Bring Scott back!" said Steve impatient "Nat, when I say kill the power, kill the power, ok?" "ok." Replied Nat and then she ran to the generator, "NOW!" I said after pushing some buttons and the PRESENT Scott came out of the Quantum "Somebody peed my pants." He said and after some seconds he continued "But I don't know if it was "baby" me or "old" me...Or just "me" me." "Time travel!" said Bruce lifting his hands but Steve shook his head and walked away.

I heard a car approaching so I apparated outside in a green smoke, right next to Steve, I recognized the car it was our black Audi, and in it there was Dad.

As he got out of the car he said "Why the long faces? Let me guess: He turned into a baby." "Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" I replied looking at him with a smile on my face, he obviously ignored my question and went to the back of the car "That's the EPR Paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it." Replied Dad "You did." Said Steve from behind me, "Oh, did I?" started Dad [acting like he did not; there's the Tony we know] "Thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." He continued taking out the device we did yesterday night, and then I talked "A fully functioning Time-Space GPS. I just want peace. [me and Dad made the peace sign with our fingers] Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it." "Me too." replied Steve "We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to, at all costs. And... maybe not die trying will be nice." Said Dad "deal." I replied "Sounds like a deal." Stated Steve then he extended his hand and we shook it. "Steve I almost forgot-" I said as we were going in, and after I casted 'accio', then Captain America's shield came flying and it flew right in Steve's hand. "I don't know." He said "Why? He made it for you. Plus, honestly I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding." I replied referring to my Grandpa Howard Stark "Thank you, Y/N." "Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team.-" started Dad "-...We are getting the whole team, yeah?" I continued, "We're working on that right now." Steve replied.

It's been 2 hours since Dad's arriving at the compound, and the Benatar was now landing in the yard of the Avenger's Compound. Scott was sitting having a Taco and some Nachos at a bench, and everything fell out of the taco as the Benatar landed. Nebula and Rocket walks out of the ship, and past Scott. Then after a short briefing, me, Rocket and Bruce went to take Thor in New Asgard. "Kind of a step down from a golden palace and magic hammers and whatnot." Said Rocket as we were arriving in a boat, "Hey, have a little compassion, pal. First they've lost Asgard, then half the people. They're probably just happy to have a home." I said and as I spotted Valkyrie I continued "Ah, Brunnhilde! Great to see you, Angry Girl." "I think I liked you better either of the other ways." She replied as she saw Bruce, "This is Rocket." I continued indicating at him "How you doin'?" Rocket replied "he won't see you." Said Valkyrie "We only see him once a month, when he comes for...supplies." she continued "It's that bad..." I said then we went to the house that as Valkyrie said was where Thor was living now, "Hello? Thor?" asked Bruce as we entered and from the other room I heard Thor saying "Are you here about the cable?" then he walked in, he was shirtless but that wasn't what bothered me, the thing that bothered me was that HE WAS F*CKING FAT!!! "BOYS! Oh my God! It's so to see you! Come here, you little rascal!" he said when he recognized Bruce and Rocket but as he saw me, well he didn't react well, he came to me and yelled "what do you want now? It wasn't enough coming into my nightmares?!" "woah, Thor, calm down. We have to fight a b-" I started but he stopped me, "WE don't have to fight nothing." He yelled so I yelled back "if somebody hurts you, I wanna fight, but my hand's been broken, one too many times, so I'll use my voice, I'll be so fucking rude, words they always win, but I know I'll lose.-" I started "And I'd sing a song, that'd be just ours, but I sang 'em all to another heart, and I wanna cry, I wanna learn to love, But all my tears have been used up." He continued the song "wow, you remembered." He said but then he began to cry, "of course I did, it was our lullaby. You and...uhm...-" I started to reply, I didn't want to mention Loki but as Thor made a gesture I continued, "You and Loki used to sing it to me at the bedtime. Thor, I know it hurts, I lost Peter, but we have the chance to try at least try to make things go in the right way." Then I went to him and we hugged, "I missed you Uncle Thor." I said and he replied "I missed you too. But now we have a big purple alien's ass to kick." So they took my arms and we apparated at the Avengers' Compound.