chapter 17

Peter's POV

The next day the team was leaving for the Decathlon, so me and Y/N were going to try and rejoin the team. We ran to them and I heard Abe saying "Hey, it's Peter and Y/N." "We were hoping maybe we could rejoin the team." we said in unison, then Flash came from the back and said to me "No, no way. You can't just quit on us, stroll up, and be welcomed back by everyone." but before I or Y/N could reply, Mr. Harrington walked out of the bus and said "Hey, welcome back, Peter and Y/N. Flash, you're back to first alternate." "What?!" asked Flash, then MJ appeared without the uniform and said "Excuse me, can we go already? Because I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of one of the embassies before dinner, so." Mr. Harrington replied "Protesting is patriotic. Let's get on the bus." So we got on the bus. Now we were travelling on the hallway and Liz was doing some pop quizzes "Okay, guys, let's focus. Next one." "Name three elements first isolated in the early 19th century." asked Liz, I rang my bell and answered "Uh, strontium, barium, vibranium." then my phone started buzzing, it was Happy so I made signal to Y/N to come with me, I answered as we moved in the back seats "Hello?" Y/N took out of her pocket a pair of headphones and we connected them to my phone "Got a blip on my screen here. You left New York?"

I whispered to Y/N "Tracker."

"Uh, yeah. And yes, it's just a school trip. It's, uh, it's nothing."

"Look, Happy, I gotta say, you tracking me without my permission is a complete violation of my privacy."

"Look, it's just the Academic Decathlon. It's no big deal." said Y/N

"Hey, hey. I'll decide if it's no big deal."

Y/N looked at me and muttered "he must be kidding"

"Sounds like it's no big deal, but remember, I'm watching you." then he hanged up. After 1 hour I waked Y/N that was asleep on my shoulder, because we were arrived at the hotel; once in we went to the check-in area with Liz is leading everyone. " Everyone stick together." Liz said, once we did the check-in I whispered to Ned "Hey, you brought your laptop, right?" "yeah, why?" he asked. Then we went into mine and Ned's room, put the 'to not disturb' sign and sat on the bed "Peter, why are we removing the tracker from your suit?" asked Ned "Uh, because I gotta follow these guys to their boss before they move again and I don't really want Mr. Stark to know about it." I said "So you're lying to Iron Man now?" he replied "trust me, to him. It's better lie." said Y/N then we connected the suit to the laptop "There's a ton of other subsystems in here..." said Ned "Hmm?" I asked, he smirked and continued "...but they're all disabled by the Training Wheels Protocol." "What?" I asked "oh, my dear dad is always the same. Turn it off, Ned." said Y/N smiling "I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, they're probably blocked for a reason." "Ned, if you don't do it, I will." replied Y/N, "okay... okay. Peter your girlfriend is very aggressive." Ned replied, "well, she's a Stark and a witch. She has to be aggressive." I said then when me and Y/N suited up I continued "Remember, Ned. The glowy thing, it's evidence. Keep it safe." "Pete, they're moving. C'mon, let's go." said Y/N, and as we were exiting Ned said "Be careful." and then he closed the door. Unfortunately Liz approached us in a bathing suit "Hey, Liz." Y/N and I said in unison "Perfect timing. We're gonna go swimming." she whispered then Flash slapped Y/N's butt "Hey! Take your fuck*ng hands off my girl." I said raising my voice, "we were, uh... we were gonna go on a date." I heard from Y/N to Liz, then some guys called Liz and she said "I'm coming, I'm coming." we waved and left. Once that we were on the roof, I wore my mask and a voice said "Good evening, Peter." "Hello?" I asked and Y/N said "what? What's wrong?" "a voice in the mask..." "Merlin, Peter. I think is your assistant." said Y/N and the suit lady continued "Congratulations on completing the rigorous Training Wheels Protocol and gaining access to your suit's full capabilities." "o-h ok." "So where would you like to take me tonight?" asked the Suit Lady "I, I, put a tracker on someone. He's a bad guy." I replied "Tracker located." said the Suit Lady and I said to Y/N "follow me, I found them." Then I started to swing around and she started to fly next to me. At one point the Suit Lady said "One hundred meters from destination and closing." and then continued "Jump now." fortunately Y/N was right behind me so I could make her stop and we stopped in an abandoned gas station. "hey, Peter. Three people at 5ish." said Y/N pointing at a car, "Hey, suit lady, what are they doing?" I asked and she replied "Do you want to hear what they're saying?" "Uh, yeah." I said and on the mask appeared the sign 'Activating Enhanced Reconnaissance Mode.' and then I heard one of the guys said "I got the gauntlet from the Lagos cleanup. The rest is all my design." and another one replied "Can't believe they're still cleaning up that Triskelion mess." "I love it. They keep making messes, we keep getting rich." said the third one then the first one said "Target inbound." "Whoa, they're in the middle of a heist. We could catch them all red-handed. This is awesome. Okay, I'm gonna get a little closer so I can see what's happening." I said to Y/N and she nodded, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I don't want to kill anybody!" I said and 'Deactivating Instant Kill' appeared, I fell from the sign and tried to shoot a web to return up but I couldn't "Suit lady, what's wrong with my web-shooters?" I asked "Rapid-fire is the default for Enhanced Combat Mode." the Suit Lady said "Why would I need rapid-fire?" I said "Would you like to see more options?" the Suit Lady asked and when I nodded she continued "You have 576 possible web-shooter combinations." "Whoa, Y/N really thought about everything." I said.