Chapter 55

It's been two days since Killen and I attended the court house, and yesterday Lucas and Amon pleaded guilty to the beating of Killen in his cell, both were charged with three counts, one assault and battery, another assault with a deadly weapon, and lastly assault with intend to cause grievous bodily harm. Both of them were given Twenty year sentences.

I'll admit I didn't think they'd get as many years as they did, but Judge Sandor said he was setting an example for other officers and guards who feel they have the right to do whatever they like because they have a badge.

With York now behind bars, as well as Lucas and Amon, that leaves me with just one person on my hit list... Bill Waldorf who is also currently behind bars awaiting trail.

Because if he thought I was going to let him get away with what he did to Killen he has another thing coming. Not only am I sueing him for defamation, he's also being held on  conspiracy to commit murder, Lucas having admitted Bill paid him to kill Killen.

"Hey beautiful." Killen smiles as he makes his way into the room.

"Hey," I smile back as I look up at him. "I'm just finishing up my case notes." I say as I look back to them and finish writing quickly, then close my book. "How was the mall? Did you get what you needed?"

"I sure did." He says as he makes his way over and presses a kiss to my lips. "Alyssa text me, she's going to be here in ten."

"We finally get to see our baby!" I squeal excitedly with a smile.

"Your so cute." He chuckles softly and presses another kiss to my head. "Where do you want to do the scan? In here or downstairs?"

"Here is fine, I'm comfortable here."

"Alright, I'll let her know when she arrives."

"I'll just fix the bed and change into shorts and a singlet." I tell him as I stand to my feet.

"Okay baby, I'll be back in a second." He says as he leaves the room.

Killen's POV:

Making my way back down the stairs and into the living room where Mom, Ella, Jordan and Willow are waiting for me, I can't take the smile off my face.

Not only is today going to be the best day of my life so far because Luna and I finally get to see our baby, I've also finally bought her engagement ring home after waiting for it to be custom made.

"So what do you think?" I ask with a smile.

"It's so fucking beautiful Killen she is absolutely going to love it." Jordan smiles.

"I can see why you had to wait so long for it to be made, it's something so special, and thoughtful Killen." Ella smiles.

"She'll love it honey, now when are you going to ask her?" Mom asks excitedly.

The second I was given the all clear to move around, walk, drive, all of those things I wasn't able to do for three weeks, my first stop was to the jewellery store in the main part of town.

Because Luna means moon, and she's very spiritual and loves all things to do with crystals and the moon and it's phases, and their meanings I decided I'd have her engagement ring custom made. After flipping through design styles I chose a tear drop shaped ring, twenty diamonds around the main the stone, and eight diamonds down either side of band, the diamond in the middle however, is not a diamond at all, it's a 4 carat moon stone, polished perfectly to look almost as if it is a diamond however it throws off blue, pink and white hues, as any moonstone would.

"I have no idea, soon, but I need to plan something special first."

"So get to it." Mom smiles. "I'm so excited."