Chapter 46

Somewhere between laying down with Killen and closing my eyes I fell asleep, and I didn't wake again until Bella and Jex returned, and I felt her hand on my back, shaking me awake gently.

During the night there was no changes in Killen's condition, he didn't move, he didn't speak and the beep of the machine's didn't change at all, staying steady. After I was woken, the Doctor came in to speak to the three of us, and he stated that no changes was a good thing, that it was those first couple of hours that things could have gone bad, and he's now hopeful Killen will recover quickly.

After kissing him goodbye, I headed for home, showered, changed into my court appropriate clothing of a black skirt coming to my knee, and a long sleeved blouse tucked into it, heels on my feet and my hair and make-up done simply.

This morning I haven't had any morning sickness which I'm glad for, because if I'm honest, I just don't have time for it today, I need to go and have my case heard before the judge, get Killen's name cleared and get back to the hospital.

"Good morning, I'm here to see Judge Sandor." I tell the receptionist.

"Yes, he's expecting you. Do you know what room he's in."

"Yes, thank-you." I nod and turn on my heel heading down the hall way.

Reaching his door, I knock loudly, and a moment later the door is opened by detective Connally. "Luna, thanks for coming with everything that's happened." She speaks.

"I had to come, I need my clients name cleared." I say as I make my way passed her and into the room. "Good morning Judge." I smile.

"Good morning Miss May, thank-you for coming, how is Killen doing?"

"There has been no change at the moment, do you have any further information as to what happened to him?"

"We don't know who was behind the attack, but please rest assured that we looking into it, these kinds of things are not acceptable."

"I should hope not." I cross my arms over my chest.

"We sat down with York after his arrest in the early hours of this morning and he confessed to being the one who gave Farah the drugs."

"So he's behind bars now, and Killen is free to go? Is that what your telling me?"

"Yes." She nods. "We are very sorry Killen was placed behind bars, it shouldn't have happened but with the evidence we had, and -"

"And the money supplied by Mr. Waldorf to pay high up lawyers and to pay off judges you had no choice, got it." I nod.

"Luna we understand your going through a lot right now, just know that we are working on Killen's case, and we will find out who did this to him."

"And so you should."

"We'd like it if all of this could be kept under wraps."

"Under wraps?"

"It would be very embarrassing for this to get out, about us arresting the wrong man."

"But you did, you were payed off by someone who thought he was above the law, but he got it wrong and so did you, so no I won't keep my mouth shut. My boyfriend was placed in jail with no hard evidence and while he was in there he was beaten almost to death, and I wont stop until whoever did that is behind bars, just like York, and Mr. Waldorf is left with nothing."

"Mr. Waldorf?" Judge questions.

"I'd like to file a defamation case, Killen's reputation has been left in shatters because of him , half of the state thinks he's a murder and a drug dealer and I won't stand for it."