Chapter 35

It's been a week since Vanessa arrived, and so far the two of us have been having so much fun. On her first night here, we went to club Vipe and we danced, and we drank, and we had a great time.

All week we've spend our days on the beach, soaking up the sun, and we've spent our nights having dinner at different restaurants in the main part of the town. But the thing we love the most is coming home and having a glass of wine in the spa located on the balcony of the suite we're staying in.

It's now Sunday night once more, and Vanessa sprung on me at the last second that we're going back to Vipe, leaving me with not very long to get ready. She's been talking about it all week, how cool it is, how she loves the music they play and the lights, I shouldn't have been surprised she wants to go back.

Now fresh from my shower and dressed in a tight, black, body con dress with a pair of thigh high heeled boots. My hair done perfectly in brushed out curls, and my face in flawless makeup, I make my way into Vanessa's bedroom.

"This is the best I can come up with at such short notice." I inform her.

"I had no idea you owned boots like that, you look hot, there is no other way to describe you right now."

"Aww thanks." I giggle softly. "They're Willow's boots actually, I packed them by mistake but she told me to keep them until I see her again. I'm sure she won't mind me borrowing them."

"I'm sure she won't." Vanessa speaks as she stands and pulls down her short black leather dress.

"You look hot to." I smile as I take in her outfit.

"Maybe we'll be able to find ourselves some hotties to bring back to the apartment." She winks.

"That won't be happening for me, but you bring home whoever you like." I shrug, and check my silver Gucci watch. "We should get a move on, the club fills up rather quickly and I don't want to get turned away."

"As if you'd ever get turned away, you're basically a Shelby." She grins and takes my hand. "The cab just pulled up, let's go."

***

Arriving at the club, all of the same feelings I felt last week come flooding back to me. Killen holding Farah's dead body in his arms on the bathroom floor of the toilet, and the day Killen showed me around the building and showed me to his office. The day we had sex in his office. But I do my best to push it away just as I on my first visit back here last week.

"Luna, you good?" Vanessa questions as we reach the front of the line.

"Oh uh, yeah, I was just thinking." I say as I look up at her, and then around the line awkwardly.

"Luna, what the hell are you doing in the line? You should have come straight up the front; I would have let you in." Dex, who's working the door tonight and not the bar smiles.

"Hey Dex, eh it's fine, I didn't want to be that girl." I shrug.

"Head on in, I might see you in there later." He smirks softly and looks Vanessa up and down.

"Uh Vee, this is Dex he works at the club and is a friend of the Shelby's, Dex this is Vanessa, but you can call her Vee, she's my best friend from back at home."

"It's nice to meet you, Vee." He smirks down at her, giving her the look.

"You too Dex, I hope I'll see you later." She smirks back at him, giving him the look right back, before brushing passed him, entering the club.

"Oh really?" I smirk as I look up at her, the two of us entering the club, the music pumping and the lights dancing in sync.

"What? Your little friend Dex is hot, and I'm all about hot men, we've been over this girl." She smirks down at me.