Chapter 7

At the sound of knocking on my bedroom door, I sit up and run my hands through my messy black hair. "Come in." I call.

A second later the door swings open revealing my mother who is still dressed in her sleep shorts and a singlet, her shoulder-length blonde hair pulled back in a messy ponytail. "I wasn't sure if you'd be awake yet." She says softly.

"I've been awake since five and I haven't been able to get back to sleep." I admit.

"Well, your morning is about to get even worse because Farah is downstairs, she turned up and buzzed the front gate until we let her in, she said she's been calling you but you haven't been answering."

"Just great." I roll my eyes.

"Do you want me to tell her you're still sleeping or something?" Mom offers sweetly.

"No, she'll probably just shove passed you and say she'll wake me. Just send her up."

"Okay." She nods as she gives me a small smile and turns on her heel, heading for the stairs.

Sliding out of bed, I stand to my feet and make my way toward my wardrobe. Stepping in, I pull a clean shirt over my head, and a pair of black jeans over my legs.

"Is this what you wanted Killen? For me to chase you? For me to call you a million times and text you and turn up at your house like some crazy ex-girlfriend because you wouldn't answer, is that what you wanted? To feel chased, to feel like I'm obsessed with you?" Farah snaps the moment she steps into my room.

"Hello to you too." I roll my eyes as I exit the wardrobe, coming face to face with her.

"Hello? You thought I was going to walk in here and say hello after everything you did on the weekend? Why the fuck is it okay for you to go to a strip club and drink with the boys and act like some big shot, but you don't want me to do the same? You're so fucking rude, you hung up on me and then you ignore me. You have some explaining to do Killen and some serious grovelling." She crosses her arms over her chest.

"I have some explaining to do?" I scoff. "I went to a club with my brother for his buck's night and you call me in the middle of it to have a go at me. Not once did I ever ask you to stop drinking, you said you'd stop drinking because you didn't want me to break up with you, remember, when you were pretending to be a nice person for a week out of your life."

"Pretending?" She scoffs back at me. "I am a nice person Killen; you bring out the worst in me."

"I bring out the worst in you? What I made you lay down and get fucked by some guy while he recorded it did I?"

"Yes, you went to a strip club." She shrugs.

"Fuck me you are so immature." I laugh without humour. "That's your excuse this week Farah, really? I went to a strip club, and that gives you the right to do what you did?"

"I said I was sorry, get over it, it happened."

"This is what I'm talking about Farah we're toxic together, all we do is fight and it's as if that's the way you want it. It's like you go out of your way to try and hurt me, you enjoy me giving you chance after chance and taking you back, you love that all you have to do is cry and I fall for it, but I'm not doing this anymore Farah, being away from you, being in Mexico, it changed everything for me, and you and I, we're done, for good."

"Everything changed for you?" She questions with a screwed-up face. "What you joined a hippy cult or something?" She laughs.

"No, I met someone. I met a girl who I felt an instant connection with, a girl who is like minded and wants the same things in life as me, a girl who is family orientated, and who has a kind heart, a girl who actually wanted to sit down and get to know the real me, and she allowed me to know the real her. I slept with her Farah, and I really wish I could tell you I'm sorry but I'm not."