I AM A KILLER ] CHAPTER 30 ♦ TARGET SHOOTING COMPETITION

Qin Ke Xuan after zipping out the bar upon seeing those people not chasing her stopped, took out her phone and dialled Zhou Lin. "Why didn't you chase me?"

"Hehe, I've said that if you escape the bar alive, I'll let you go. I've always been a very trustworthy person."

"..." 

"Hehe, you don't believe me?" 

"Why?"

"Hehe, do you really need me to give you a reason? First of all, my people may not even be able to catch you even if they chase. Next, they may not be able to kill you even if they catch you. Lastly, won't fighting with firearms in the broad daylight a perfect excuse for the police to finish us off? Oh, and one more, you could have killed my people and me just now, but you didn't make your move, so I'll return that. I'll let you go, but if you let out anything about our organisation, then don't blame me for being merciless."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that. When I had scouted you to join the organisation, I'd knew that you'll leave one day, just that I never expected it to be so fast."

No wonder that guy had her do all the thievery jobs and did not let her come into contact with the high-clearance ones. He had never trusted her, but it's good like that too because it made disengaging herself easier.

Qin Ke Xuan didn't return to school immediately but turned towards another direction.

Standing before the gates, Qin Ke Xuan was refrained from entering by the sentinels at the gate. "This area is under military supervision, outsiders are prohibited from entering."

Qin Ke Xuan took out the ID Chang Jiang Lin had given her to the Sentinel. The guard took it and examined it before immediately standing up straight and gave a military salute. "So you're the soldier from the Special Forces Reserve Squad. Leader had said you will only be coming tonight, how come you are here already?"

Qin Ke Xuan returned a military salute as well. She learnt this during the military training. She knew lots of changes had occurred to this world. The etiquette of kneeling when seeing a senior officer no longer existed. She still lacked comprehension with regards to this military salute but had cheerfully complied. Nobody liked to kneel down before others; half kneeling was the same.

"I was thinking of coming ahead of time to see." 

"Oh, one moment please. I need to stand guard at the gates so I'll call someone to bring you in. There are quite a few people in the Reserve Squad already." The sentinel informed her enthusiastically, and shouted at the duty room: "Xiao Ye, come out for a bit."

Another sentinel walked out of the duty room, asking: "Why?"

"New soldier from the Special Forces Reserve Squad, you go and get someone from their troop to come and pick her up."

"Enh, hold on." And then he returned to the duty room to make a call to explain the situation.

Before long, a car drove over to Qin Ke Xuan. A robust man alighted from the car. After saluting them, he stretched his hand out at Qin Ke Xuan. "I'm Li Jian Zhong from the Special Forces Reserve Squad."

Qin Ke Xuan lightly shook his hand. "Qin Ke Xuan." 

"Get on, the people from our squad are all waiting to meet you."

Qin Ke Xuan got in the car and Li Jian Zhong introduced the building and areas along the road as he drove. The military supervised zone in City B was a desolate suburban area. Other than some necessary buildings, everything else was wild vegetation and jungle. Squadrons of soldiers could be seen training along the road.