I AM A KILLER :CHAPTER 17 ♦ THE WAY OF KILLERS

With regards to the kidnapping, Qin Shu Hua's guilt towards Qin Ke Xuan had reached history's highest. Hence, he firmly chose to close both eyes regarding Qin Ke Xuan's devastating mid-year examination results and decided that he should care about this neglected child more.

The night when he heard about her results, they were sitting at the dinner table, and so he asked her affably: "Xuan Xuan, which high school do you want to go to?" If he did not communicate with the school leaders, with Xuan Xuan's results, other than technical schools, she would not have any other choices.

"The best one." Qin Ke Xuan said as a matter of fact.

Qin Shu Hua was shocked: "You want to go to First High?" To get into that school, with Xuan Xuan's results, was not just difficult, but very difficult!

Jiang Hui Lin placed a chicken wing in Qin Ke Xuan's bowl, saying: "What about First High, just go have a meal with the principal, worst comes to worst, donate some money, and everything's a done deal. It's best to spend some money to go to a good school, don't tell me the money you make is for hiding?!" Also because of Qin Ke Xuan rescuing back the kidnapped Qin Peng Cheng, Jiang Hui Lin was, currently, being unprecedentedly good to Qin Ke Xuan.

Qin Peng Cheng also placed the chicken drumstick in front of him in Qin Ke Xuan's bowl, beaming: "Sis, enjoy the drumset."

With regards to their sudden concern and care, Qin Ke Xuan was no different at all and continued on with life as usual.

Qin Shu Hua looked at their harmonious relationship in gratification. It would be even more perfect if Xuan Xuan could smile. "Right, I'll make an appointment with First High's principal tomorrow to talk, we'll definitely let Xuan Xuan attend First High."

The second day, Qin Shu Hua left the house bright and early in the morning to meet First High's principal. The two of them drank a whole morning's worth of tea, and only finally after Qin Shu Hua suggested making donations to purchase a large collection of books did the principal nod his head reluctantly.

When Yin Xu Dong heard Qin Ke Xuan was going to go to First High, he was so excited he practically bounced around. If it were not for Qin Ke Xuan's murderous glare, he would have hugged her and spun several rounds.

"Next time if I didn't call you, don't enter my room." Qin Ke Xuan, while watching Conan, said to the Yin Xu Dong who had appeared unsolicited sitting on the floor.

"Hah? Why not? Wasn't everything fine before?" Yin Xu Dong asked, uncontented.

"This is not of your concern."

"Oh." Yin Xu Dong replied, crestfallen, then immediately thought that no matter how intrepid Qin Ke Xuan was, she was still a girl, so she probably minded not having privacy, and felt at ease.

Qin Ke Xuan finished an episode of Conan and switched off the computer, starting to chase people out: "During the holidays, follow the new training requirements, don't look for me if it's nothing important, I want to see results by the time school starts."

Yin Xu Dong raised his hands, asking: "What is considered important?" He personally felt that coming over to play every day was very important, as to whether Qin Ke Xuan would agree with his point of view would be hard to say...

"When you're dying." Qin Ke Xuan was expressionless.

"..." Yin Xu Dong crawled back, rejected, and washed up to turn in for the day.

Qin Ke Xuan looked at the message she had just received; there was a mission tonight.

As the night drew on, households turned their lights off, Qin Ke Xuan laid on her bed, her eyes closed, sleeping. When her phone on her side vibrated, her eyes flew open, and she quickly got up, answering the call, "Who's this?"