I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 28 ♦ SPECIAL FORCES RESERVE SQUAD

The officer sitting across Qin Ke Xuan continued: "Allow me to introduce myself. Surname Chang, name Jiang Lin. I am the company commander of war preparation Troop Company 32 on duty in Chinese People's Liberation Army, military district City B. You are currently not my subordinate soldier so it is unnecessary for you to address me by the military's standard. You can just call me Chang shu."

* = shu; uncle (the recipient of this address need not be biologically related to the person addressing) 

Chang Jiang Lin stretched his hand at the solider on his left. That soldier produced the materials and placed it in his hand. He placed the materials on the table, both his hands clasped together, saying: "You infiltrated the military base's weaponry storeroom. Other than the micro-surveillance monitors that had recorded the situation, you were not captured on surveillance along the way. I do not believe that is a coincidence. If you have discovered there were surveillance monitors in the storeroom, you also would have the ability to evade them. This performance is elite to the point even Special Forces troops have difficulty comparing up to. In the beginning, we suspected you were a Special Forces soldier trying to steal information on our country's military affairs, however, after we have investigated your background, we discovered your physical capabilities are not actually very good and have not been exposed to any systematic training. From the information gathered, you completely transformed after that car accident and proceeded to join an underworld organisation. We have been unable to find out the cause that has resulted in your physical finesse changes. However, there is a scientific research that suggested having experienced severe accidents might trigger special abilities in humans that are unexplainable by science. We have determined, for now, that that is the cause that resulted in your change..."

Qin Ke Xuan raised her head, cutting his words off coldly: "Say your objective." They have a very large and powerful intelligence network and were essentially able to collect information for almost everything.

Chang Jiang Lin paused, before giving a knowing smile. "Straightforward, I like! Then I'll be frank with you. Lass, interested in joining the Special Forces unit?" These kinds of talented people, if not utilised by the country, would join the small-scaled underworld organisation, and their destructive ability would not be prominent. However, if dug away by foreign spy organisations, then these people will be a threat to the country and they would not allow such things to happen.

"No." She knew these people didn't have any good intentions. Now that she's seen it, they were pretty much the same as Zhou Lin (the person who had Qin Ke Xuan join the dark organisation). They had their eye on her abilities, hence as to why they want to rope her in to serve the organisation use. Expect that these people in front of her were representative of the country.

"Lass, you infiltrated the military base's weaponry storeroom on your own and even stole a few bullets. If this is all fiction, then that's considered a thief stealing things, but we're talking about the offence of seizing the country's classified military information! You'll be shot dead no different from a spy! You need to know that usually when such things happen, there is a need to report to the higher-ups. Say, do you think we should report this less seriously? Or more seriously?"

"You are threatening me?" Qin Ke Xuan completely paid no any heed to his threat. Even if they wanted her head, she would not comply obediently. She was, at least, still confident in her own abilities. 

"Haha, this lass is interesting, interesting! Then if we were to bribe you, would you then agree to our terms?" Chang Jiang Lin asked, laughing loudly.

Qin Ke Xuan shook her head. "That will depend on how enticing your bribe is." 

"Good, good. We can report you upwards as a spy, wipe the record of your entry into the underworld organisation and resolve all the trouble that arose due to your involvement with the underworld. Trivialities aside, the main point is that we will provide you with a referral to the immediate Special Forces brigade. To a soldier, that is of supreme glory. You will have boundless prospects..." Chang Jiang Lin continued on unceasingly about the advantages of joining the Special Forces.