I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 52 ♦ BLOODTHIRSTY

Qin Ke Xuan looked at the car in front stopping a distance away and immediately had the driver stop the taxi. 

"Handsome guy, say, did your girlfriend realise we're tailing her? We've been turning around in the city for so many rounds already, you're still gonna continue tailing her?"

Qin Ke Xuan took out her money and threw it at the driver. "Keep the change." Then, she alighted the taxi.

The driver pinched the pink coloured note before looking at the amount on the meter, nonsense, this didn't even cover the ride fare! The driver turned around to shout at Qin Ke Xuan but didn't see her. What's that saying, when you walk loads of the road at night, you'll meet that* sooner or later? At that, he shivered. Not daring to take another peep at the note to see if the note's turned into something else, he quickly stuffed it into his box and drove his taxi and beat it.

* the original saying is "夜路走多了,难免遇见鬼", (fig.) when you walk loads of the road at night, you'll inevitably meet a ghost; (lit.) when you do bad stuff too much, you'll inevitably meet another villain doing the dirty on you; however, the usage of this saying here is only on the figurative level

That man changed several rides and turned several rounds before heading in a clear direction. It was only until they finally reached a small-sized wasted factory in the outskirts before the taxi stopped. It was a very secluded area. Only upon seeing that there were no cars driving by after the taxi left did he feel assured and registered at the gate before walking into the factory.

At this time, the factory had already ceased their manufacturing, only a beam of light leaked from a small factory building. Meanwhile, a shadow blinked by ghostly outside the factory, before it leapt past the two-metre-high fence and entered the factory.

Like a cheetah crouching on the ground, immobile, Qin Ke Xuan searched her target's location with her hearing and sight.

A sentry on guard by a corner stamped his foot and rubbed his hands to warm his frozen hands and legs, before yawning sleepily. He was however suddenly struck and became unable to move his body. Shocked, he wanted to shout but realised he couldn't voice his words.

Taking down the intercom attached to his shoulders, her figure flashed, and by the time she returned, the intercom was gone. Looking at the man whose pupils dilated in fear, she placed him down on the ground and took out a bayonet and pressed it against his throat before she patted his chest to allow him to move his head. "I ask, you reply. If you don't reply or you lie, then I'll..." The bayonet in her hand gently sliced his neck, and a bead of blood immediately surfaced.

Despite the terrifying fear, as though an evil claw, clutched his throat tightly, he still firmly shook his head. Before he stopped shaking his head however, a flash of agony spiralled from his palm, as though it's been pierced by something.

Just as the bayonet pierced through his palms, blood streamed from his veins before she easily removed the bayonet the taut muscles weren't able to jam."Want to lose your other hand too?" Qin Ke Xuan asked expressionlessly as she looked at his face paling from blood loss and the beads of perspiration surfacing. 

The man clenched his teeth. 

"This is your XX organisation's base?"

The man nodded.

"Everyone here is a member of your organisation? There's no one uninvolved here?"The man nodded.

Qin Ke Xuan's lips tilted into a smile. "In that case, I have no more qualms."

Qualms about what? The moment her smile rose, the man felt his blood running cold; he would no longer know what the answer to his question was...

Because the bayonet in Qin Ke Xuan's hands had already pierced his head...