I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 31 ♦ DEMONIC TRAINING

The bunch of them went to the readied shooting arena with grandiose. Sergeant One said to the people in the Reserve Squad: "You have a total of five people, I'll take out five people too. One person is sent out each time, the side that is able to complete shooting within the minimal time will win. As long as three people from one side win, that side will be considered the winner of this competition, can do?"

"Okay, if we lose, we'll run one round around the company of troops shouting we're useless scoundrels." Chi Qu Qi shouted.

The squad leader berated in discontent: "What madness are you saying?!"

"Squad leader! We're still the Special Forces Reserve Squad regardless, have some confidence. If we really lose to them, we should just retire and get out of here!" Z L T

Upon seeing the other party suggesting such a punishment, Sergeant One didn't want to appear weak, and said: "Then if we lose, all of us, including those who did not participate, will run a round admitting we're scoundrels!"

The soldiers from the two sides were both burning with fervour. It looked like they had not seen each other eye to eye for a very long time already, just that there had not been any medium through which they could relief their discontent. So they were all seizing this opportunity to ferociously jeer at each other. Qin Ke Xuan took the assault rifle Chi Qu Qi handed her and listened carefully to their instructions: "We have five people. I'll go first, followed by Tian Xue Qin, Lin Shao Yun, squad leader, and lastly Qin Ke Xuan. Qin Ke Xuan, since you haven't learnt how to shoot a moving target 100 metres away, you're going last so you have time to properly get the gist of our movements, get it?"

In the first round, Chi Qu Qi was matched up with a normal soldier, and so he won without doubt. Qin Ke Xuan memorised their running and shooting actions with ease. This shooting training was pretty interesting. The target popping up anytime and anywhere could train the person's sharpness and reaction speed. Z L T

After four rounds, other than Lin Xiao Yun, all the three guys from the Reserve Squad had won. Even though the winner had been determined, the last round would still continue. Qin Ke Xuan was matched with Sergeant One.

Sergeant One upon seeing Qin Ke Xuan was not a familiar face, said: "Newcomer? Let me say this first, I'm not going to let you even if you're a newcomer or a female." Z L T

"No need." The killer organisation she had been in had never not sent her out to kill because she was a female. Not only so, even as a female, she was ranked as the number one killer in the organisation. So long you had the skills, no one would mind if you're a women, elderly or child.

Even though Qin Ke Xuan's movements were not very standard, she won Sergeant One easily. Sergeant One brought his three squads of soldiers and ran a round around the camp, shouting out they were useless scoundrels in aggrievance, eliciting many onlookers from other troops. Of course, it also alarmed the leaders upstairs, and so the two sides were fiercely reprimanded and punished all the participants to go back and write a self-criticism report.

When the Reserve Squad returned to their warehouse base, Chi Qu Qi's non-stop chirping pronounced his gratification about being able to foil Sergeant One's plans. Z L T

"Haha, I can finally relieve my resentments after holding it in for so long! Shaung*!" Z L T

* = shuang; a word that expresses one feeling invigorated/rejuvenated/really awesome

Chi Qu Qi was just a big headache. The squad leader kicked him, scolding: "Shuang my ass! Now what! All the people in the entire base will know we Special Forces Reserve Squad have our noses up in the air. Now that we've ruined the senior soldier's reputation, they'll definitely start ostracising us!" Z L T