I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 37 ♦ PARTING WAYS

It'd be strange for them not to attract over the examiners with the way they were eating and chatting beside the lake in the open. How could there possibly be such egotistical targets! Even the snipers had to hide in the grasses chomping on dried food, feeding the mosquitoes, yet these targets were there enjoying their piping fragrant wild chicken. Just wait, they snipers will definitely finish off these arrogant targets!

Chi Qu Qi upon hearing Qin Ke Xuan's reminder immediately looked around at the darkness, alert, but he was completely unable to notice any movement. He quietly moved to touch his assault rifle on his thighs hanging from his neck.

Qin Ke Xuan grabbed her bag, saying loudly: "How are we so stupid? To lug around this heavy bag pack everywhere we go? Why don't we secretly hide all the stuff inside somewhere, then wait till we're returning before we place everything back?"

"Hah?" Chi Qu Qi was struck dumb. Why would they fret over trying to slack off instead of fretting about running away at such a time like this when they were going to be captured on the spot by other people?

"Take your bag over, take out all the things inside and put them behind the rock." Qin Ke Xuan continued saying loudly, and then said softly: "I'll extinguish the fire, follow me tightly."

No wonder, Qin Ke Xuan was purposely talking loudly to attract those people's attention and let them think they were slacking off. They hence would not shoot them at the moment after seeing them really unloading the stuff from their bags, as they would be able to kick them out for as they were slacking off. As the Reserve Squad didn't allow anyone to slack, there would be no reason for any slackers to continue remaining in the Reserve Squad.

"Oh, okay, how did I not think of that!" Chi Qu Qi faked talking loudly as he grabbed his bag, heading over to Qin Ke Xuan's side. 

Qin Ke Xuan upon seeing it as a good opportunity squatted by the lake. She took off her helmet to scoop some water and extinguished the fire. When the water met the fire, it immediately extinguished. Following which was smoke gushing out. With the only source of light extinguished, the darkness immediately encased the two of them. The two Special Forces soldiers that had been aiming at them immediately reacted and realised they were tricked, and so, they hurriedly aimed in front and fired. However, by the time they wore their infrared night vision device and surveyed the surroundings, other than the few soldiers located at their ambush place, the silhouettes of the two figures were long gone.

They went over to check the side of the lake, asking each other how many shots they fired in total before checking against the rock for the marks; none of the shots hit them.

"Looks like we've really met a thorny newcomer. Not bad, not bad. We'll team up and focus on them later on!" The team leader of the surprise attack team told the team members.

"Will it tilt the fairness?" One of the members questioned.

"Tilt what fairness, we need to reasonably distribute our resources, get it? That newbie's the one that finished off one of our teams, and now, they've managed to escape despite being surrounded by two of our teams! You can tell others about this, but I've definitely got no face to lose! Listen up, we will find them and finish them off in the following days!" It wouldn't excite him even if he finished off eight or ten of the other little sheep Reserve Squad members. There's finally a newbie that's showing some potential, how could they possibly give up this chance to play with them properly?

He brought his team members and scoured in the direction of Qin Ke Xuan and Chi Qu Qi's footsteps whereas the other team continued cutting through the forest looking for other newbies that's on their own.