I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 36 ♦ (SPOILER TITLE)

The three Special Forces soldiers looked at each other, and very helplessly lowered the assault rifle in their hands in dismay. Tearing off the emblem that signified their examiner role, they threw it to Qin Ke Xuan, and then ferociously thumped their chests, howling: "To die in the hands of a newcomer who'd just joined the Reserve Squad for two days, I have no more face to go back to captain!"

"How come you returned?!" According to their observations, even though the precipice was not very deep, it didn't make sense to climb back up with her bare hands after jumping down!

Qin Ke Xuan pocketed the emblems, saying coldly: "Dead people needn't talk."

"..."

Qin Ke Xuan retrieved her backpack she had hid and carried it, shouting to the bushes a distance away: "You can come out now."

Chi Qu Qi after hearing the gunshots immediately bent down swiftly and rolled into the nearest bush to hide. Pulling open the assault rifle in his hand just in case, he aimed the scope of the rifle in the direction of the enemy and saw three emblem-less people in camouflage uniform together with a person with the same red emblem as him. There was only one person in the Reserve Squad that had as small a built as that person.

"Qin Ke Xuan?" He stood up from the bushes and jogged over to Qin Ke Xuan.

"How come you're here?"

"Eh, didn't you just join us for two days. If you're on your own, you'll definitely be the first one eliminated since you're participating in this surprise attack test before you've even learnt anything. Since we're friends anyways, I'm here to help, why? Is there a problem?" Chi Qu Qi faked a look of disdain as he swept her up and down.

One of the Special Forces soldiers patted Chi Qu Qi's shoulder, saying meaningfully: "Lad, it's better you worry about yourself."

"You people are... just now that gunshot sound was..." Chi Qu Qi suddenly thought about this question. The emblems on the three of them disappeared while Qin Ke Xuan was still here, it couldn't be?! Qin Ke Xuan finished these proper Special Force soldier on her own? He widened his eyes, looking at the calmly standing Qin Ke Xuan in disbelief.

"Cough cough, we've also finished our job here. We'll go first then, you guys continue." If it weren't for the oil pastel paints on three of their face, it'd be flushed completely red. They didn't want to throw any more of their faces, and so they hurriedly left this place that had them throwing away their faces.

The three of them left under the following eyes of Qin Ke Xuan and Chi Qu Qi and they "sent" them for their departure. As though they were in a 100-metre race, they zipped from the mountain road quickly and disappeared from their scope of vision within a few moments.

Qin Ke Xuan turned and walked with large strides in a direction. Chi Qu Qi immediately caught up, asking: "Where are you going now? If we walk without care, we might accidentally walk into an ambush."

Qin Ke Xuan slanted him a gaze, saying blandly: "Then do you want to die of thirst or die of hunger?" If they were to spend seven days here, water and food was something they had to find, or else they'd die of hunger and thirst before even they were killed.

"I don't want to die, I don't want to be eliminated either." Chi Qu Qi said. "Let's work together. I'll lead the way, you can mind the back."

"You lead the way? Do you know where to find water?"

"... I don't."

The two of them flipped over a mountain range, arriving at the valley. Qin Ke Xuan squatted down, clawed some soil and moved it under her nose to sniff. Closing her eyes, she listened for a while before standing up again, signalling for Chi Qu Qi to catch up.