I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 19 ♦ HER DREAM OF KILLING, AND OF HIM

Qin Ke Xuan opened her eyes muddle-headedly. It was still dark outside. When she tried moving her body, a tearing pain seared through her shoulder. She struggled to get up and surveyed the surroundings. There were dead bodies of children all around. The large area was dyed in dark red blood, as though a bloody hell.

This scene was too familiar though; so familiar she almost thought she had walked out from there herself. She shook her dizzy head, making an effort to get up, and walked, staggeringly, towards the narrow exit in front. Even though the exit was just right in front, why did it seem as though she was walking further and further away from it? Even if she had finished off all the other children, was she not able to leave? No! She did not want to die here!

Qin Ke Xuan clenched her teeth tightly and exerted the last of her energy to bolt forward, but just a few steps out, her legs were weighed down. She looked down, and saw both her ankles being grabbed by two small hands.

"Don't leave..."

She tried to kick away the hand of the kid who was probably still alive, "Let me go!" She wanted to go out! Go out!

The little kid's strength was eerily large, no matter how she tried to kick them off, she could not escape from the clutches. The other children beside, as though they had revived, also stretched out their hands to pull, and grab on to her, not letting her go.

"I don't want to die..."

"I want to go out..."

"..."

The twisted expressions of the children stared right at her, their murmuring continuing. She looked, powerlessly in fear, at the increasing number of children who were supposed to have died reviving and lunging at her. Beneath her, a black hole took shape, and she was being dragged down, sinking deeper. No matter how hard she tried to struggle, she could only watch herself helplessly being pulled slowly into the black hole, unable to extricate herself. The scene before her eyes slowly blurred and blackened out...

"Ahh!"

Qin Ke Xuan awoke, screaming, just as she was about to be completely submerged in the black hole. Her eyes wide open with fear, she panted heavily, reaching out to wipe away the cold sweat beading on her forehead.

"Xiao Ye, what's wrong?" A low voice came from behind.

Xiao Ye... The only person who would call her that...

"You Ming?" Qin Ke Xuan turned around to look behind, unsure, but only saw an empty space. There was no one.

Her shoulder was suddenly hit, "I'm here!"

She turned back, and a familiar face appeared before her eyes, she asked in suspicion: "Why are you here?"

The sides of his lips lifted, revealing a large smile, "Because..."

"Phuu*~"

(T/N: "噗" = "Phuu"; onomatopoeia for sound of escaping laughter)

Qin Ke Xuan lowered her head, only to see a knife protruding from her stomach, and the hands that had grabbed the knife handle belonged to the gentle guy in from of her. He was still smiling tenderly: "Because only when you die will I be able to live, so don't blame me okay? Xiao Ye?"

And then he released the knife handle, and gently pushed her. Behind her, unbeknownst to her, had somehow become an overhanging cliff, and she, fell off the cliff, just like that. In that flash of a moment, she stared tightly into his eyes; they were full of his softness and gentleness of the past and nothing else.