Fifty six.

Songs for this chapter: - She Will Always Hate Me - James Blunt
- Playing Love - Isak Danielson

   "God!" he sighs. "I want to stay home with you forever."

   "We'll do that after the party." I laugh and I kiss him again. "Come on." I drag him off my bed but he doesn't move. He just stares at me. "Jake..."

   "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

   He looks at me like that again. Like he's happy to look at me. He looks at me like he loves me and he doesn't want me away from him. He looks at me like I'm the most important person in the world for him. Everytime he looks at me like that I love him more and more.

   "I love you with every shred of my soul." I kiss him again.

   "God... I love you with every shred of my soul." he smiles and kisses me. Again.

   "We have to go." I try to drag him off my bed again.

   *

   The second we walk into the house Jake is being greeted by all of his friends making me feel small and insignificant. I look around the room trying to find my friends and I smile when I see Nate kissing his boyfriend in a corner. I look on the other side of the room and I get tense when I see a group of people playing a kissing game. The same kissing game that got me and Jake into a fight too many times.

   "Hey." he catches my attention. "Are you ok?"

   "Yeah." I nod. "Just some bad memories."

   "I'm not leaving you out of my sight tonight. Ok?" he asks sticking his forehead on mine.

   "Ok." I say and he kisses me then he tosses his hand over my shoulders and we walk into the kitchen to grab something to drink.

   *

   "Jake, come on... You have to help me." Matthew asks his friend.

   "You did that to yourself, dumbass." he laughs and takes another sip from his drink.

   "Nicole... come on... I didn't say anything bad, right?" he tries to convince me.

   "I heard exactly what you said... You fucked up." I say laughing.

   Kelly throws a pillow at him from next to me, and it hits him right in his face, making him spill his drink all over himself.

   "Oh..." she pretends to feel guilty. "You should go ask your mom for help since you're so in love with her." she puffs.

   "Kelly... I said I love my mom... What's so bad about it?" he raises his voice.

   "You said you'd rather be home with her right now than here with me." she raises her voice as well.

   "Have you ever eaten her lasagna? I don't think so! Otherwise, you would've agreed with me." he yells this time.

   I lean over Jake's shoulder so I can hide my face so Kelly wouldn't see I'm laughing at them. They've been having this conversation for minutes and I just can't get enough.

   Jake really kept his promise when he said he won't leave me out of his sight tonight. After we grabbed something to drink, we went in the backyard of the house and we sat on the couch ever since. Kelly and Matthew joined us with their fight a few minutes ago and they made the night a lot better.

   "Are we done?" Matthew says almost sitting on Kelly's lap.

   "What an apology!" she puffs disgruntled.