Thirty five.

The pain I can relate to through some simple lyrics is huge. Every single word describes my relationship with Jake. Maybe not now, but we do have a complicated past... even if things have been going great between us... I can't help but wonder when all those bad moments are going to come back... because it might happen.

   The music stops when Jake turns off the car. Even if I was looking out the window I didn't even realize where I was.

I get out of the car without saying anything because he does the same, before me. I stop walking when I see Ashley coming towards him. We said we're not going public. Which means, in front of everyone, he's single. To Ashley... he's a free man.

He walks by without even looking at her and I smile a little. She doesn't matter to him anymore.

"Is everything ok?" I ask my friends when I get to them.

"I think we should ask you..." says Sophie.

"Why?"

"Well... you know... you and Kelly..." she continues and Nate kicks her.

"I texted her a million times... I don't know what else to do." I sigh. "Have you guys heard from her?"

"Not recently... but we saw coming to school... with Matthew." Nate says.

   "And?" I ask him to continue.

   "And nothing." he jumps his shoulders. "She walked in and didn't say anything. And honestly, I think we should that too. I'm freezing." he whines like a kid.

   I really should find Kelly. We can't go on like this. It's stupid to fight over some guys. I always hated that idea - best friends fighting over guys. It's the stupidest thing. It's childish and pointless and... I miss her.