Forty two.

"She doesn't like me." he sighs rubbing his eyes.

"She does. She's just... skeptical. Yeah... that's the word." I say making him roll his eyes. 

"You're saying it like it's not the same thing."

"It's not. I was the same way when I found out about her and Matthew. It's normal for a girl to act this way around her best friend's boyfriend. We're protecting each other. Don't take it personal." I jump my shoulders. "Can we change the subject?" I raise my eyebrows.

   "What other thing could we possibly talk about if not our relationship?" he sighs dramatically.

   "Oh, no. We're still talking about us. Just, not about what other people think about us." I smile.

   "Ok. What do you want to talk about, exactly?" he asks confused.

   "For example... What do you want to do after you graduate?" I say making him frown.

   "You said you wanted to talk about our relationship..."

   "No. I said I want to talk about us." I say making him roll his eyes. "Please." I whine. "I really want to know more about you and your future plans. Especially because I won't be around..." I say making a sad face.

   "There's nothing to know. I go to college, I get a job, I get old, and I die. See? Simple." he jumps his shoulders and I roll my eyes.

   "What college? Will you still be living here? If you'll move, where? For how long? What job do you want? Where? What about your love life? Don't you want to get married? Or to have kids?" I say making him sigh dramatically.

   "You want to know a lot, woman!" he mocks me.

   "Sorry for carrying about your goddamn life." I say hitting him with a pillow. "Idiot."

   "Ok, ok. Stop hitting me." he says grabbing my hands making sure I'll stop. "Med school. I have no idea where I'm going, but I don't think I'll ever come back... I'll work at a hospital, of course." he says mocking me. "I haven't decided about my specialty, but I think surgeon... and about my live life... I don't know."

   "What kind of answer is that?" I frown. 

   "An answer. I don't know what I want. I've never thought about it." he says and I raise an eyebrow. "You have?"

  "Of course! I want to be a writer. I haven't decided anything about college... but I know I want to get married by 26 and have my first kid by 29." I smile.

   "First?" 

   "Two or three kids. First a boy, then a girl and third... whatever God wants as long as it will be healthy." I say and I start laughing when I see his face.

   "You're crazy." he says and I hit him with the pillow again.

   "Stop it!"

   "I'm crazy? A few months ago you wanted to be a freaking machanic. What? Did you hit your head? Do you have any idea what you're getting yourself into?"

   "In case you didn't know, my mom is a surgeon." he says with an arrogant look.

   "Your mom is smart. You tend to be an idiot." I say making him sigh shocked.

   "Take it back." he threatens me.

   "Never. I'm right and you know it." I say looking at him with the same arrogant look which makes him frown.

   He takes the pillow I hit him with a few seconds ago and he starts doing the same. For a second I'm shocked and I try to avoid the pillow, but then I grab another pillow and I start hitting him too.

   We go on like this for minutes until none of us can breathe anymore. We look at each other, all red and ruffled, and we start laughing.

   "You look like crap." I say laughing harder.

   "You're talking?" he says and we laugh harder.

   "I'm hungry." I get up the bed after we calm down.

   "Me too." he follows me.

Before I get to the door he puts his hands on my waist and turns me around, pinching me to the wall. I look at his lips and before I say anything else, he kisses me.