Twenty.

Songs for this chapter: - Song For No One - Shawn Mendes
- On purpose - Sabrina Carpenter

I've been staring at the crowd of people for minutes and all I can see is the same things going on all over again. People making out, touching each other, yelling, gossiping, dancing, drinking and taking pictures. Almost every single person here is fake and perverse. Two faced people. Jake is supposed to be in the middle of the party, under everyone's attention... but I haven't seen him around. And his friends didn't even noticed that he went missing. They're too focused on the alcohol and the boobs and the asses around them.

They disgust me.

   Two people in front of me are only a few steps away from undressing each other right here and right now.

   I wonder how long is going to take until they will figure out they're surrounded by drunk, irrational people.

"Having fun?" Kelly's voice gets me out of my thoughts making me sigh.

   "Not really."

   This is not exactly how I imagine tonight will be.

   "Is everything ok?" she asks a little worried.

   "Yeah... just bored." I say and jump my shoulders. "I'm surrounded by idiots." I joke.

   "Yeah... People are idiots when they drink." she agrees with me.

   Our conversation is interrupted by the birthday boy himself, who walks by us followed by a ruffled girl.

   I look at him, stoping in front of the living-room and looking around, looking for someone. Probably Ashley so he can have sex again.

   "Jake." I yell making him turn round.

   I can't help it. He's an idiot. I hate him. We fight all the time and he makes me regret waking up in the morning without suffocating him with a pillow while he's asleep... but it's his birthday.

  "Happy birthday!" I say giving him a smile.

   Fuck! I care about this idiot.

   "Thanks." he mumbles frowned.

   He didn't see it coming. Yeah. Neither did I. But... I didn't get him a present. It's the least I can do.

He turns back around and walks in the room, in the middle of the party. Everybody starts giving him attention again.

   I can't tell who's more full of shit. Jake. Or his friends.

  "What was that?" Kelly asks before she starts laughing.

   "My birthday present for Jake." I say raising my shoulders. "A 'Happy birthday' and me keeping my mouth shut."

   "Wow. So mature." she mumbles putting her hand on her chest, acting surprised. "I could've sworn you're going to beat him up." she laughs.

   "That's what I was going to do. But I changed my mind when I remembered I'm a better person than he is." I say making her laugh harder.

   *

Time goes by. I get more and more tired and bored, but people don't leave. Actually, I think more people came.

I can't help but look at Jake again. He's sitting on the couch, alone, with a cup in his hand, looking around the room. He doesn't seem bored or upset... but he doesn't seem to be having fun either.