Thirty four.

Song for this chapter: Can't Imagine - Shawn Mendes

I've been looking at the stairs for more than 10 minutes. I know because I counted every second. I'm nervous. But right now, looking at those stairs waiting for Jake, I'm bored.

It has been only four days. Four days in the new year. Four days since I had that fight with Kelly. Four days since me and Jake kissed at that party. Four days which seemed to be an eternity. I texted Kelly like a hundred times but she never answered. I didn't even talk about the kiss with Jake. Maybe someone saw us. Maybe it was somehow a bad idea... even if it felt so good.

"You took your time." I sigh when I see Jake walking down the stairs.

"I had to look good for my date." he smiles and runs his hand through his hair.

"It's not a date. We're just talking a walk." I say and he rolls his eyes. "It's really not a date.

"What's with the camera?" he points at the disposable that I'm holding in my hands.

"I told you I want to take pictures." I jump my shoulders.

"With that? Why don't you take pictures with your phone?" he asks making me frown.

"You gave this to me as a present. To use it. To take pictures." I frown harder when I see him confused.

"Yeah... I know it's just... I thought you're going to take some other kind of pictures with it... not of the city."

"It gives a 90s vibe. I like that." I jump my shoulders with a smile. "Can we talk?" I ask when we get in the car.

"About?" he asks without looking at me.

"About the kiss? At the party... on New Year's..." I say and he sighs. "We said we will take it slow, Jake. That wasn't slow. Kissing at a party in front of all of your friends and..."

"In front of my friends?" he finally looks at me. "I don't care about them. I care about you. That's why I kissed you... and if you're worried about people seeing us... don't. Nobody saw us. They would've said something."

I nod and he smiles satisfied. He turns on the car and we finally leave the alley.

*

   I clasp my hands around my body, trying to keep to cold away. It's really windy up here and my hair gets all over the place no matter how much I try to keep it under control. Without thinking again I tie it up to make sure it won't be a problem anymore and then I look at Jake. Where did you bring me, Jake?

   "Can you tell me what the hell we're doing here?" I mumble between my teeth. "This was supposed to be a nice - and worm - place where I can take some pictures. This isn't either of those." I raid my voice gesticulating.

   "It's not too worm, yes..." he laughs. "But the view is worth it. Don't you think?" he grabs my hand and drags me with him so I can see the real view.

   "I hate you, Jake Warren." I mumble following him.

   "You wish."

   I roll my eyes and I get ready to answer him back, but he stops walking and I bump into him. He grabs my shoulders and faces me towards what seems to be a seafront.

   "It's pretty windy..." I say hesitating to take any step.

   "Do you trust me?" he laughs.

   "Of course."

   "Then come." he holds out his hand again.

   I squeeze his hand and I follow him on the seafront.

I can see the tons of skyscrapers better than ever. The sky is clear, just like the water. The traffic is pretty intense but it's just another day in Chicago. This is it. This is Chicago.

"You were right. It's gorgeous." I turn around to see Jake.

"I'm always right." he says with an arrogant smile.

I laugh rolling my eyes. I get the camera out of my pocket and I open it starting to take dozens of pictures of the view. If you look carefully, it looks just like the skyscrapers are floating on the water.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asks when I point the camera at him.

"You were in the shot. It's not my fault." I defend myself trying to seem serious.

"No pictures." he says serious.

"Why? You look great."

"I hate it. I don't like taking pictures." he mumbles looking away.

"But I like taking pictures of you." I say making puppy-eyes.

"Too bad."

"Come on! I'll do anything."

"Fine. But I will take pictures of you too." he says after he thinks about it.

"No way." I say taking a step back.

"Why not?" he frowns.

"Do you want me to ruin the camera?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up." he says taking my camera.

He points it at me and starts talking pictures.

"You're gorgeous." he mumbles still taking pictures.

"Stop it. You'll end the film."

I take the camera in his hands and I take a few pictures of us then I grab his hand and we start walking on the seafront. He tries to scare me a few times, pretending to throw me in the water.

We go on like this for hours, and before we know it, it's dark.

I filled about three film cameras, and about half of them are with Jake trying to run from the camera. As soon as I get the chance I will develop them and I will put them in the album Liz gave me, so I can have these memories, forever.