Four.

Song for this chapter: Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

   In the last few days I tried to stay as far away as possible from Jake. I've spent most of my time with Liz. We talked, we cooked together, we went shopping. We even visited a few things in the city. Sometimes I like to just walk around by myself to see new stuff. I got lost a few times but it's kind of fun.

   Apparently Jake hasn't decided yet where he's gonna go to college. Or even if... But Liz thinks he's gonna be a mechanic. He's pretty passionate about cars, and honestly I don't know what to say about that. Saying it seems the right job for him it's mean. Mostly because it's not what I actually think. He seems like he has potential. Being a mechanic would only waste it. But what do I know? It's not my life.

   Liz also said that Jake is a little bit distant to her. I don't know if that's exactly how I'd put it but ok. I don't think I've ever seen them talk or hang out. But she doesn't mind. She thinks he's happy. And she doesn't want to change anything. He's good at school. He has lots of friends. "He seems happy." Her words not mine.

   "Nicole?" I look up from my book and I look at Liz. Apparently I stopped reading a long time ago. "I'm going out with some friends. Are you going to be ok? Do you... maybe... want to come?" she smiles while adjusting her elegant dress.

   "I'm will be ok. Thanks." I try to hide my laugh but I fail. "You look amazing, by the way." I say and she smiles nervously.

   "Is it so obvious?" she bites her lip worried.

   "A little bit." I raise my shoulders. "Have fun."

   "You too." she says while getting out the door.

   I grab my book and I leave the room deciding to have my fun in the big living room downstairs. I see Liz walking around the room with a purse in her hand and with a worried look on her face.

   "Everything ok?" I ask when I sit on the couch.

   "I lost my phone."

   I start looking under the pillows near me and I find it. I clear my throat drawing her attention and I held her the phone.

   "I love you." she says while hugging me.

   I sit back on the couch and I start reading again. Not long after, I hear a voice interrupting me.

   "This is how you're spending your Saturday night?"

   "Yes. Actually, it's pretty fun. You should try too." I answer him without looking away from the book.

   "Could be. But I prefer my way of having fun." I don't need to see his face to know he's smiling in the most arrogant way possible.

   "Jake, weren't you going to a party or something like that?" I see Liz walking towards him.

   "Yeah, but it's still early. " he mumbles while laying on the couch and tossing his feet on the coffee table, provoking Liz to hit him on the back of his neck.

   I fail in hiding my laughter and Jake looks at me pissed then gets up and goes to the kitchen.

   "Well, why don't you take Nicole with you?" says Liz making it seem like it's the best idea in the world, when it's actually quite the opposite.

   "What?" our voices combine and I immediately look at him. He is already pissed.

   "No way. I'm not babysitting anyone." he says, completely offended by his mother's proposal.