Thirty seven.

I get out of the car without giving Jake the opportunity to say anything, and I start walking towards the school entrance. I see Kyle standing next to the door, smocking a cigarette and holding a cup of coffee. I frown when I notice he looks at me and makes me a sign to get closer.

"What?" I say suprisingly cold.

   "You're so cute." he mumbles sarcastically.

   "What do you want?" I roll my eyes.

   "I just wanted to chat with you. I noticed you and Warren have been pretty close lately, and his friends or girl-friends are my friends as well."

   "Ok... here's the thing... I don't want you near me. Actually, I don't even want you to know I exist. So why don't you repress that little urge you have to make new friends? Alrigh?" I smile a little then I leave without giving him any chance to actually answer.

*

   "He said what?" Kelly yells shocked when I tell her what happened. Nate kicks her and she frowns then makes a face at him.

   "I know, right? Who does he think he is? Friends..." I puff. "Not in a billion years."

   "Isn't it weird?" says Sophie. "He suddenly wants you to be close."

   "You're right. It is weird." Nate frowns.

   "No, it's not." I jump my shoulders. "He probably saw me and Jake kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve."

   "What?" Nate and Sophie yell shocked.

   "Oh, right. She didn't tell you guys about that. So... Nicole and Jake dated for a while but he kissed Ashley while they were dating so now they're not dating anymore and we're hating him." Kelly says and jumps her shoulders.

   "Yeah..." I laugh. "That kind of sums it up."

   "Why didn't you tell us?" says Nate frowned.

   "We wanted to keep it between us for a while. But since there is nothing between us anymore..."

   "Ok so, back to Kyle... he's jealous now?" says Sophie looking very invested into the story.

   "More like after you." Nate says looking at me serious.