Forty eight.

"Nicole!"

   I start walking faster when I hear his voice calling my name. I haven't talked to him since yesterday and I don't want to talk anymore.

"Nicole." Jake catches up with me making me sigh exasperated.

"What?"

"Can we talk?"

"Jake, I thought we clarified there is nothing to talk about." I roll my eyes and start walking again.

"We didn't finish talking yesterday. Please... We have to fix this. You can't just walk away." he says and I stop walking.

   "I have the right to walk away. You... You broke my heart. I have the right to be mad and not want to talk with you." I gesticulate pissed.

   "Can I just ask you one thing?" he says after a few seconds of silence.

"Jake..."

   "Please."

"I don't think you're in a position to ask for something." I say making him pull his hand through his hair. "Don't you?"

He sighs again and shakes his head disappointed.

"I need some time. To think about some things." I feel the need to explain him.

"I get it." he mumbles looking away.

I grab his hand and I squeeze it without looking at him. I hold on to his touch like it's the last time I see him.

I let go of his hand and I walk back into the school. I don't know why, but it hurts. It's not like the conversation we had yesterday, but it still hurts. I miss him. I miss our relationship, our moments, us.