Seventeen.

"That's weird." says Kelly after I'm done talking.

   "I know, right?"

   "He really said that? And did all that?" Nate asks again.

   "Yes!" Kelly and I yell simultaneously.

   "Wow." he responds shocked.

   "It's not me, right? I didn't do anything. Did I?" I talk fast.

   "I don't know..." Kelly says hesitating.

   "What?" I frown.

   "Maybe you should've just stopped him and talked to him... not wish him goodnight." Nate says raising his eyebrows.

   "No." Kelly contradicts him. "Why should she make the first step? He said "goodnight". He could've said: "Sorry for leaving like that..." and explain himself. Not "goodnight". It's childish."

   "I didn't mind." I say jumping my shoulders.

   "Whose side are you on?" Kelly points her fork at me.

   "Mine?" I ask confused.

  *

   I get up from the bench and I position myself in front of Kelly, starting to do my stretchings. Not even a minute later a sudden headache makes me collapse to the ground. I look around me to see the ball that just hit me at Kelly's feet.

"Nicole! Nicole, can you hear me?"

I hear couch's voice like she's on the other side of the field, but she's standing right in front of me. At least I think it's her.

   "How many fingers am I holding up?"

   "Two?" I say it more like a question.

   "Ok... Can you get up?"

   I nod and she helps me get up.

   "Are you ok?" I turn around when I hear Jake's voice, only to see him looking at me... worried?

   "Did you throw the ball?" I frown.

   "It was an accident."

   "An accident?"

   I step away from the couch which was still holding my shoulders, making sure I won't fall, and I get closer to Jake. The jerk just threw a ball at me.

   "How was that an accident? You were in the other side of the field... it's not like the ball threw itself out of your hands."

   "I'm glad to see that your royal ass is fine. Stop overreacting." he rolls his eyes and takes a step back wanting to leave.

   "Overreact?" I yell. "I'm sorry... I'm pretty sure I'm about a hundred times calmer than you would've been if you were in my shoes right now."

   He gets closer and I can swear I just saw smoke coming out of his ears. He gets too close and I have to take a few steps back to make sure there is some distance between us, and I almost trip and fall again.

   "That's enough. Warren get back to your teammates. I will talk to Mr. Turner about this." the coach intervenes between us.

   "Talk... talk about what? I didn't do anything. It was an accident. I already told Nicole, it's not my fault she thinks her royal ass is too important for people not to prioritize her."

   Without giving it a second thought, I raise my hand and I slap him.

   I just slapped Jake. Fuck!

   Jake raises his hand and touches the cheek I just hit. He's look is filled with anger. And hate. I thought we were over the whole hate thing. I guess that was true until a few seconds ago.

   "Why don't we take you to the nurse's office?" the coach says grabbing my shoulders and talking me away from Jake.

   I can't believe I jus slapped Jake. I don't know if I should be proud or scared for my life. Jake can be pretty dangerous sometimes. If he has good reasons... and I think I jut gave him one.