Eight.

"How are things with you and Warren? Has he tried to kill you yet?" Alex asks me making everyone laugh and me roll my eyes.

   "No. Still fine, still alive. Things are actually great. We don't talk. We don't see each other. I have no idea if this is supposed to be his revenge, but I like it." I laugh.

   In the past week I barely talked to Jake. Not that I would mind. I'm glad we're keeping distance.

   I can't stop thinking about Liz and it kills me. She's still pretty upset with Jake. And he doesn't look like he wants to do anything about it. I can't say I don't feel guilty. It is my fault. I should've just kept my mouth shut. Even if it meant Jake would just get away with being an ass. Liz didn't know him like that. Maybe that's why she is so affected by this.

   "Oh, no." Sophie's voice gets me out of my thoughts. "The bitch is coming."

   We turn around only to see the girl who was making out with Jake a few days ago. And yesterday. And this morning. Ashley. And if her presence wasn't good enough, Jake is coming too. Great.

   "Good morning, sunshine!" I hear her voice and I can't help but sigh already exhausted. "You must be Nicole." she says and I nod. "Jake told me a lot about you."

   "No shit." I mumble to myself.

   Kelly hears me and laughs, but I kick her trying to make her shut up.

   The bell rings and announces us that the lunch break it's over and saves us all from Prince Charming and his wonderful witch. I mean princess.

   "Before you go..." she stops us from leaving. "You're coming to the party tomorrow night, right?" I frown.

   Kelly and Jake hurry to answer for me, while I'm still trying to process the question.

   "Yes." says Kelly with an evil smile.

   "No." mumbles Jake serious.

   What the hell is happening? What are they talking about? Why does Kelly want me to go? And why is Jake answering for me?

   "Parties aren't for her. Let's go." he mumbles again, grabbing Ashley's hand.

   "What party?" I ask her ignoring Jake's furious look.

   "Tomorrow. 8 o'clock. Kyle's house. See you there?" she says while biting her lip.

   "I'll be there." I smile.