Forty.

Song for this chapter: Vulnerable - Selena Gomez

   "Higher!" I yell making Nate roll his eyes.

"I got it the first time."

"Then why didn't you do it the first time?" I yell again making him roll his eyes.

Nate and another guy - whose name I don't know - are putting up a poster. Around me dozens of people are walking around nervous, carrying all kinds of boxes. The Valentine's Day Dance is tomorrow and right now, preparations are underway. We're decorating the gym, because apparently, the dance will be here. Just like the previous ones. There are a lot of tables and chairs; some guys are installing the lights and some girls are inflating the balloons.

"Too much pink." Kelly says making a disgusted face.

   "I know, right?" Alex mumbles. "It's like a unicorn vomited all over the place." he continues making the same face as Kelly.

"Oh, my God!" I hear Ashley say when she walks into the gym. "It looks perfect!" she squeaks clapping her hands.

I look at Kelly and we both start laughing.

"Hey, unicorns!" Nate yells catching our attention. "How is it now?" he asks pointing at the poster.

"Finally! Was about time!" I say making him roll his eyes.

"So..." Kelly says with a smile. "Do you guy have any dates?" she raises her eyebrows. "Except you." she looks at Alex.

"Yeah." Nate jumps his shoulders and Kelly and I look at him shocked.

"Wait." I frown. "Am I the only one who doesn't have a date? I thought we were all going together..."

"Well, Alex and Sophie are going together, I'm going with Matt and apparently Nate has a date too... it's not that surprising."

"So I'm going at a dance for the first time and I'm going alone too?"

   "I thought you were going with Warren." Nate frowns.

"No." I frown. "I don't want to go anywhere with him."

"I thought you guys made up..." Alex says this time, frowning.

"We didn't. Just because he's trying to make up for something, doesn't mean I will forgive him just like that." I say before I turn around because someone called me.

"Can we talk?" Kyle asks, being only a few steps away from me.

I nod and nervously I follow him away from my friends. When we stop, he looks at me, analyzing every single move I make, which only makes things worse.

"Do you want to go to the dance with me?"

I feel like someone just hit me in the back of my head. Kyle? Is asking me to go to a dance with him? On Valentine's Day? Is the world ending?

"Us? Together? At the Valentine's Day Dance? Why?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"I like you. You're... unique." he says making me frown.

"And I'm just supposed to believe you?"

"What do you have to lose?" he asks getting closer.

"My time." I say taking a step back.

"So it's a no?" he yells after me, when I turn around and leave.